Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"PIN services" in Australia to unlock AIB card

Options
  • 24-07-2014 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Has anyone been able to unlock an AIB debit card that has been locked through too many PIN guesses?

I foolishly had 3 goes at mine thinking that AIB could unlock it if needs be. They sent me a new PIN but told me to go to an ATM and use PIN services to unlock the card, but there are no ATM's in Brisbane that will allow me to do this. Has anyone experienced this and how did they overcome it? AIB tell me they cannot unlock the card for me.

I think the only way out is to:
    1) post my card home and get someone there to unlock it for me; or
    2) declare my card lost and have a new one sent out

From a safety point of view I'd much prefer option 2.

I don't even want to use the debit card, I just need it to use a damned card reader for internet banking now AIB have moved away from the code card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You should be able to do it at any ATM displaying the Visa Logo. Click this link & type Brisbane, Australia into the searchbox: http://www.visa.com/atmlocator

Use the PIN Services or Change PIN option.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

Pretty much all the ATMs here have that logo and allow withdrawals or balance enquiries with a Visa card. None of the 6 I've tried have PIN services though and the bank employees I've spoken to reckon none would have.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't get a chance to call AIB again last night but I'll give them another go tonight and get them to reissue the card if they can't think of an alternative solution.

Advertisement