Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family move to Australia

Options
  • 18-07-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello I'm looking for a bit of advice re: moving to Australia.Both myself and my husband have decided to relocate, we have 2 children. I am a newly qualified General Nurse and he works in catering. What visá do we apply for? I hve read so much on the internet and it's very confusing. Can anybody offer us any info nd/or direction on this? Thanks in advance.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 niterain84

sparky32 wrote: »
    Hello I'm looking for a bit of advice re: moving to Australia.Both myself and my husband have decided to relocate, we have 2 children. I am a newly qualified General Nurse and he works in catering. What visá do we apply for? I hve read so much on the internet and it's very confusing. Can anybody offer us any info nd/or direction on this? Thanks in advance.!

Its impossible to say with info u provided.The visa you apply for depends on your personal circumstances. your age, qualifications, work experience etc all come into it. you might be able to apply for permanent residency visa 189 depending on your circumstances. or state sponsored 190 visa, or maybe you could get sponsored by an employer on 457 visa. be aware the fee just to apply for 189 or 190 visa would be about 5000 Euro for a family of 4.(much more if u use a migration agent) thats just to apply, it doesnt include the cost of other things like skills assesments, IELTS exam, medicals, flights, initial set up costs etc,etc. so its not cheap. have a read on the Australia DEPT of Immigration website, it has all the official info u need, theres some tools where you can enter your personal circumstances and it can suggest visas u could possible apply for. Other than that i would strongly recommend u go to a registered migration agent who will be able to spell it out to you plain and simple what your options are as its easy to get confused reading different peoples advice on websites. Then at least u can make an informed decision.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NiallSORo

Search "ANMF skilled visas for australian nurses" and look at the PDF that (I hope) appears at the top of search results.
    Sorry, I cannot post URLs yet.

When calculating points, remember that your Irish Nursing Diploma is regarded as equivalent to an Australian Bachelors Degree by the Aust. Nursing & Midwifery Council (ANMAC), and you will be awarded 15 points for it.

What exactly does your husband do? Qualifications, experience all relevant.

Regards
    Niall O'Rourke
    MARN 1277929

Advertisement