Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus Diesel turbo air intake hose split

• 09-04-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have a 1.6L Ford focus diesel (Duratorq 90bhp, 1560cc) 2009 model. The rubber pipe connecting the air filter to the turbo intake has split. Probably caused by garage changing the oil filter which is awkwardly located. Local ford dealer was looking for €120 for this!! They must be joking. I did a temporary repair with silver tape and cable ties which is holding well for now. Does anybody know where I can get a reasonably priced replacement?
    Also, are there are any other known problems with this car that I should look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Aftermarket versions of the pipe are available for approximately half the price of the genuine Ford part.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

Yeah you have to buy the full unit, not just the part you need! DPF is a pure shambles in these cars although you say your one is 90bhp so I don't think you have one, turbo failure is another problem, regular service's will help. I had a 2006 1.6 tdci 110bhp and it brole my heart, egr replacment (450 euro) , fluid and kit for the DPF 150 euro, throttle position sensor 100 euro and a turbo that was on the way out, with a car that had only 73k Miles!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Isopon

This is a common fault with mk2 focus. The 1.6 tdci or also known as the peugeot/ citroen hdi are renowed for there faults. Especially turbo related issuse. So heres a few things to do. Replace the injector seal. As these let in small amounts of carbon which mix with the oil and thicken the oil. This blocks the the tiny gauze filter for the turbo oil feed pipe casusing failure and in a lot of cases a new engine as steel filings get sucked into the cylinders. Now heres your soloution. First. Change oil and filters every 6k.and use a good brand 5w30 or 0w30. Second. Disconnect the oil feed pipe at the turbo. ( its a small pipe going to the bottom of the block) when this is out. Remove the gauze from from the banjo joint and bother replacing it. And every 15-20k take the sump of and replace the oil lift pump gauze.

Advertisement