Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Nissan used parts dealer

• 21-03-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Failed NCT 2 days ago for some minor parts, my car is a 2000 nissan primera, I have been looking for an second-hand wiper linkage, does anyone know any garage would have this? Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Your wasting your time trying to find a second hand linkage for those Primera's as they are all worn.

They are not expensive from Nissan, something like €60 from memory. If its the pivots that are gone they are around the same IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rukawa7li

I thought it is not in production because of the new model of primera. Thanks very much for the info, will check with the dealer. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 oz2013

I picked up a pivot and link bar for my dads P11 the other day from the main dealer. The pivot was €65 and the link bar was €30. Quite reasonable really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

P11 and the P10's were always good sellers of wiper linkages for us Nissan Parts guys...local nissan dealer can normally have next day if ordered before 2pm

2nd hand is just waste of time and money as thay probably in same condition as your parts

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rukawa7li

Thanks a mil for the info guys, ordered one from the dealer €60, going to fit in my car tomo. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Backspacer1

Hi Guys,
    My car failed on the wiper linkage also, are they talking about the spindle or the rods that link the spindles? your help would be appreciated,
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is your car a Nissan Primera too?

Yea it's a 2.0 ltr primera, '00 model, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Hi Guys,
    My car failed on the wiper linkage also, are they talking about the spindle or the rods that link the spindles? your help would be appreciated,
    Cheers.

Its impossible to say. You or your mechanic will have to check them to see exactly what parts of the wiper mechanism need changing.

Ok, thanks for the advice, i'll get it checked out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 oz2013

Simple way of checking:

If your wipers don't work (or maybe just the passenger side working) it is your link bar. €30 each ish

If your can press down on your wiper arm and it springs back at you, it's your spindles. €65 each ish

Looks like it's the spindles so! the wipers are moving perfectly in time with each other but the wiper arm springs back when pressed down at the spindle, thanks for your help on this lads, much appreciated!

Advertisement