Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Problem (galaxy s, the other person cannot hear me)

Options
  • 06-01-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a problem with my viber app. The person I'm calling can hear me but i cannot hear them. Text works perfect.

This problem occurs no matter who I call. It only started lately.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S.

I tried uninstalling the app and re-installing, but that didn't help.

Has anyone any idea what could be wrong ie. would i have changed some setting in the phone that can affect Viber.

i've sent them an email but no reply yet. Is there any other way of contacting them.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Not sure about your issues but there is a Viber thread @ http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056231091&page=13
    The lads there might be able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Do you have a headset with a mic, to see if that works, i.e. does it just not accept your Phone's mic for voice input

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭firemansam1

I don't have a headset. Might be able to borrow one somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

That happened to me mate.the problem for me is I was the galaxy s.i had to update the firmware using kies.the first update does the trick.takes a while though.

You still on ur standard firmware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi all,
    This is an official representative of Viber. We apologize for our (very) late response.

Does the problem described above still persist? If so, please specify what phone, Android version and (if any) Custom ROM is installed.

Also, if anyone has any other question/suggestion for Viber, please don't hesitate to let me know :)

Thanks,
    the Viber Team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Hi,

I have a problem with my viber app. The person I'm calling can hear me but i cannot hear them. Text works perfect.

This problem occurs no matter who I call. It only started lately.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S.

I tried uninstalling the app and re-installing, but that didn't help.

Has anyone any idea what could be wrong ie. would i have changed some setting in the phone that can affect Viber.

i've sent them an email but no reply yet. Is there any other way of contacting them.

Any help appreciated.
    Viber wrote: »
    Hi all,
    This is an official representative of Viber. We apologize for our (very) late response.

Does the problem described above still persist? If so, please specify what phone, Android version and (if any) Custom ROM is installed.

Also, if anyone has any other question/suggestion for Viber, please don't hesitate to let me know :)

Thanks,
    the Viber Team.

I also had this issue. It happens on custom ICS ROMs
    The way it is resolved is as follows:

-Modified the build.prop file by replacing GT-I9000 with SGH-I9000
    -Reboot the phone

See this thread over on XDA.

Edit: Just after seeing how old this thread is. Anyway the fix is there for anyone on an ICS ROM with a Gaalxy S.

Please note that at this stage we don't support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue.

On XDA we explained fully the reason for the problem created by ICS-ROM, and that we might be devoting resources and manpower in the future to fix it on our part (even though the source of the problem is with the Custom ROM itself).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Viber wrote: »
    Please note that at this stage we don't support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue.

On XDA we explained fully the reason for the problem created by ICS-ROM, and that we might be devoting resources and manpower in the future to fix it on our part (even though the source of the problem is with the Custom ROM itself).

I know that. I wasn't complaining, just pointing out a workaround to the OP...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maria Sies

I have exactly the same problem with my samsung galaxy s it worked perfect until 1,5 week ago suddenly in the middle of a conversation I couldn,t here anything .but the other side can here me perfect .I deleted and started my viber many many times.use it over my wireless whatever i do cant get it fixed.I can text perfect .....but can't here the other side when i call ....What can i do to fix this?

Maria Sies wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem with my samsung galaxy s it worked perfect until 1,5 week ago suddenly in the middle of a conversation I couldn,t here anything .but the other side can here me perfect .I deleted and started my viber many many times.use it over my wireless whatever i do cant get it fixed.I can text perfect .....but can't here the other side when i call ....What can i do to fix this?

Hi,
    Are you using a Custom ROM?
    Also, have you tried testing this when connected to a few different internet networks? The problem is the same on all of them?

Lastly, have you tried uninstalling Viber, rebooting your phone then reinstalling?

• Advertisement

yes i have deleted my viber and installed it again many many times...and used it over 3g and wireless .....tried all but it used to work perfect but sinds 1.5 weeks it stopped i can,t hear the other side they can hear me ......sucks i installed skype now but prefere viber

Don,t know what you mean with custom ROM my settings are from the original samsung galaxy s

Thank you for the information.

We would like to examine this problem with more details, so we invite you to open a support ticket in our HelpDesk for our support team to look into it. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thank you in advance, and we hope to resolve this issue ASAP :)

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

Why does viber not work for iPhone to android?

Why does viber not work for iPhone to android?

Viber should work perfectly between any 2 Viber users - be it iPhones, Androids, iPods, and soon also Blackberrys.

What exactly is the problem you're experiencing, and on which specific scenarios? please elaborate.

Thanks I already did really hope i can get it fixed .........viber is a great tool ..used it a lot .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ron1593

Im having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 with a custom Rom Semaphore ICS 1.0.1 with android ICS 4.0.4. Do you think it is because of this rom that the other person is not able to hear me? Pls help as this is very important for me to get this sorted out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ron1593 wrote: »
    Im having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 with a custom Rom Semaphore ICS 1.0.1 with android ICS 4.0.4. Do you think it is because of this rom that the other person is not able to hear me? Pls help as this is very important for me to get this sorted out soon.

Viber doesn't support custom ROM's so yes it's likely that it doesn't work because of the custom ROM, get the developer of the ROM to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 janelle13

i re-install my viber on my galaxy S, coz it's not working anymore...and then when i downloaded it again i put on my number and it didn't send me any activation code. i tried to use my old activation code but it keeps on saying that i am not connected to the internet, i also tried to click the link below that if ever u didn't receive any activation code u can click that one...and it's not going through...still it seems i don't that an internet connection...but i do have,because i can download it. i am trying it every time.. but it's still it won't work.. :( and still not sending activation code...so plz help me!!! :(

i re-install my viber on my galaxy S, coz it's not working anymore...and then when i downloaded it again i put on my number and it didn't send me any activation code. i tried to use my old activation code but it keeps on saying that i am not connected to the internet, i also tried to click the link below that if ever u didn't receive any activation code u can click that one...and it's not going through...still it seems i don't that an internet connection...but i do have,because i can download it. i am trying it every time.. but it's still it won't work.. and still not sending activation code...so plz help me!!! :(

• Advertisement

janelle13 wrote: »
    i re-install my viber on my galaxy S, coz it's not working anymore...and then when i downloaded it again i put on my number and it didn't send me any activation code. i tried to use my old activation code but it keeps on saying that i am not connected to the internet, i also tried to click the link below that if ever u didn't receive any activation code u can click that one...and it's not going through...still it seems i don't that an internet connection...but i do have,because i can download it. i am trying it every time.. but it's still it won't work.. and still not sending activation code...so plz help me!!! :(

Hi,

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, try repeating the same process when connecting to a different WiFi network.

Did this help?

it already work yesterday.... i am always doing what u have just said... but i think china is just blocking viber....just like facebook i can not open facebook here in china with out using a proxy server. they r a lil bit crazy...hehe but still thanks!!! :)

janelle13 wrote: »
    it already work yesterday.... i am always doing what u have just said... but i think china is just blocking viber....just like facebook i can not open facebook here in china with out using a proxy server. they r a lil bit crazy...hehe but still thanks!!! :)

Hmm...

We are aware of this block in China (it's been reported to us by many users over the past week), but from what we understood, the block has been lifted yesterday or the day before. Is this not the case? Viber is still blocked for you in China?

Advertisement