Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French took cocaine before hospitalised

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

The cocaine in this country is absolute garbage probably the worst in Europe without a doubt, having taken proper stuff myself in NYC you have to laugh at programmes like Primetime last night people haven't a clue what they are taking mixed with all sorts of rubbish, and the media must think people are as thick as two planks (although some fools might believe it), some bloke on last nights programme saying he built up a serious habit within weeks and yer man saying he spent 150,000 in one year on it :rolleyes: yeah right pull the other one FFS,Katy French probably got decent stuff but she foolishly mixed it with all sorts and paid the ultimate price, avoid this rubbish i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Amz wrote: »
    Unless my geography is way off, Enniskerry isn't in the Dublin consituency that Bertie represents what with it being in Wicklow and all. I've no problem with a rep of the Taoiseach/President whatever attending such a funeral as long as other tragic deaths are also given as much respect.

I was just adding that Bertie's rep does go to equal tragic deaths, at least in his constituency, from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Whatever you might have thought of the girl while she was alive, it is tragic when anyone dies before their time.

I always dismissed her (and the Irish socialite scene) as idiotic and a waste of space. I still do, but reading recent coverage of her birthday party made me feel very sympathetic towards her. Very few people attended and she must have felt let down. Granted, she was moving in circles that aren't reknowned for their sincerity, but even so.

Ultimately I feel very sorry for her family. They've lost their young daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

jonny68 wrote: »
    The cocaine in this country is absolute garbage probably the worst in Europe without a doubt, having taken proper stuff myself in NYC you have to laugh at programmes like Primetime last night people haven't a clue what they are taking mixed with all sorts of rubbish, and the media must think people are as thick as two planks (although some fools might believe it), some bloke on last nights programme saying he built up a serious habit within weeks and yer man saying he spent 150,000 in one year on it :rolleyes: yeah right pull the other one FFS,Katy French probably got decent stuff but she foolishly mixed it with all sorts and paid the ultimate price, avoid this rubbish i say.

Here here. That young guy from the midlands had an oddly Dublin accent about him. As for the Scotsman, it may have been real, but id have my doubts about the journos managing to drop the coke when pretending to snort it, they probably sniffed it.

Id even doubt there is any cocaine at all in some of what is sold as it. The stuff seems to have a placebo affect in people here, they imagine they are getting the buzz they want to get. Either that or some people are just completely unreceptive- Ive had people around me dancing around going mad while I am sat there thinking that it feels like the numbness when a doctor gives you a mild anaesthetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

dudara wrote: »
    reading recent coverage of her birthday party made me feel very sympathetic towards her. Very few people attended and she must have felt let down. Granted, she was moving in circles that aren't reknowned for their sincerity, but even so.
    I heard about that - think it wasn't that people didn't turn up, more that the "celebs" whom she invited (like Callum Best) didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

The weekend Katy died tens of millions of people around the world took Cocaine. Did any of them die? no.
    Whatever killed Katy is wasn't Cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

jayteecork wrote: »
    The weekend Katy died tens of millions of people around the world took Cocaine. Did any of them die? no. Whatever killed Katy is wasn't Cocaine.
    jayteecork wrote:
    Did any of them die? no.
    I'm fairly sure they did. You won't hear about it in Irish media though. For example in 2004 in Florida ALONE, 1702 people died from cocaine use. Source: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/state/epaper/2006/05/21/c1a_COCAINE_MAIN_0521.html
    That's around 5 people per day, in Florida alone never mind the rest of america, europe or the world.

24 year olds don't just drop dead for no reason. Cocaine is only fatal to a small minority who take it, and combined with alcohol it increases fatality (even if it's only a small number who actually die). You can't say "Whatever killed her wasn't cocaine" - it is a very real possibility cocaine use was her cause of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

The weekend Katy died tens of millions of people around the world took Cocaine. Did any of them die? no.

Also how can you say that when 2 young men died in this very country not more than 14 days ago, and their deaths were 100% confirmed to be from ingesting cocaine. Source: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhmhsnqleygb/

You really don't know what you're talking about to be honest.

Yeah, that's an idiotic comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

I am befuddled by the number of people 'grieving' over this girl. I saw her once on Podge and Rodge and then I was wondering who the hell she was.. if this was Rosanna Davison or Glenda Gilson I could understand all the hype but the coverage has been big time OTT

As someone who's never taken any drugs (except the odd pain killer) I would love to be heartless and say 'serves you right' but thats not solving the problem either. Cocaine is EVERYWHERE, and sadly, I pretty much stand out as someone who has never taken it... (anyone else here in that boat?)

I thought it would've been the other way around?? (how naive)

It goes back to good oul fashioned peer pressure, imho.
    So called 'Fitting In' and all that sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Cocobells

Oh how sad irish people are and how obsessed they're with anyone in the spotlight. the over the top coverage and 7 page paper displays are ridicolous in comparison to a little box at the end of the page for ''two'' men that died of the exact same thing, i think its an absolute disgrace how fickle the irish society and media has become, people talk about the naivety about drug use in Ireland, jesus christ people its been rampant since the late 70's & 80s, why the uproar now?
    People die everyday in Ireland from cocaine, heroin, alcohol and nicotine, nobody gives a **** about them, why? because nobody knows them, well who knew katie? i certainly didnt and 99.9% of the population didn't so for **** sake people get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Cocobells wrote: »
    Oh how sad irish people are and how obsessed they're with anyone in the spotlight. the over the top coverage and 7 page paper displays are ridicolous in comparison to a little box at the end of the page for ''two'' men that died of the exact same thing, i think its an absolute disgrace how fickle the irish society and media has become, people talk about niavety about drug use in ireland, jesus christ people its been rampant since the late 70's & 80s, why the uproar now?
    People die everyday in Ireland from cocaine, heroin, alcohol and nicotine, nobody gives a **** about them, why? because nobody knows them, well who knew katie? i certainly didnt and 99.9% of the population didn't so for **** sake people get a grip.

Wahey !
    Its because people are stupid., come on, you know this..
    They're never gonna get a grip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

do ye not have bigger fish to fry.... there are 6 bil others left what are you all crying about... even non-smokers die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Am...YES! I suppose it wasn't cocaine that killed those two lads in Waterford either was it? And what about that 24 year old in Wicklow? and that's just Ireland. If you think cocaine doesn't kill you need a reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

dudara wrote: »
    Whatever you might have thought of the girl while she was alive, it is tragic when anyone dies before their time.

I always dismissed her (and the Irish socialite scene) as idiotic and a waste of space. I still do, but reading recent coverage of her birthday party made me feel very sympathetic towards her. Very few people attended and she must have felt let down. Granted, she was moving in circles that aren't reknowned for their sincerity, but even so.

Ultimately I feel very sorry for her family. They've lost their young daughter.

Who honestly gives a **** if a load of more famous celebs than herself didn't turn up to her 24th, yes 24th birthday party? Why the hell was she having a 24th birthday party anyway, especially such a high profile one, and inviting photographers from all the papers? Pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

LOL :p

You do coke, dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

Did any of them die? I can think of at least one!

Similar arguments in this line:
    - Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
    - Drink driving doesn't kill. Walls and trees do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I reckon we've had a coke problem in this country for just over 5 years,maybe a bit longer.Thats around the time the price dropped and wages went up and it became popular with people in a big way.What we're seeing now is it killing people who've been using it for five years or more,it wears out your heart and basicly ages people from the inside out,similar to methampetamine.Be prepared fro lots more bodies hitting the ground in the next year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

[QUOTE=
    As someone who's never taken any drugs (except the odd pain killer) I would love to be heartless and say 'serves you right' but thats not solving the problem either. Cocaine is EVERYWHERE, and sadly, I pretty much stand out as someone who has never taken it... (anyone else here in that boat?)[/QUOTE]

i'm in that boat :D i'm 24 next week i don't even like getting drunk
    RIP katy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cronus07

I can't get over the idiot a few replies up... "Cocaine doesn't kill people.".. you must be 10... Cocaine is a major issue in the country and an overdose should be seen as suicide.. if you injest that stuff you are asking to die... i don't care about Miss French, but i am very sad for her parents as they will never get over the loss of their child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

In the last two hours today, thousands of people drove cars.

Did any of them die? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

cronus07 wrote: »
    I can't get over the idiot a few replies up... "Cocaine doesn't kill people.".. you must be 10... Cocaine is a major issue in the country and an overdose should be seen as suicide.. if you injest that stuff you are asking to die... i don't care about Miss French, but i am very sad for her parents as they will never get over the loss of their child.

That's just silly.

Suicide is the willful act of killing yourself.

Dying by accidental overdose is exactly that. An accident.

if this was Rosanna Davison or Glenda Gilson I could understand all the hype
    I couldn't. What makes them more worthy of attention than Katy French? It's not like they've achieved loads more or anything. They do the exact same stuff she did.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    LOL :p
    You do coke, dont you?
    +1. I've no prob with people doing coke at all - plenty of my friends do it - but when people try to maintain coke is harmless, that's quite irking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mugginsgalore

Stargal wrote: »
    Can't find a link to it but it was on page 3 of today's Examiner; the whole page was about her death and there was a box that just said something like 'The response from the internet' or something generic like that and then it quoted about five people. Mrs McGyver and TheMinister were two, can't remember who else. Think they were mainly expressing sympathy; one mentioned the insulting posts but if you hadn't read the thread then it probably wouldn't have made sense.

agree that its very sad but selfinflicted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

The latest news in the papers is that the cocaine came from the sea....anyone hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

100gSoma wrote: »
    The latest news in the papers is that the cocaine came from the sea....anyone hear that?

I heard that this morning alright - that and the coke the waterford guys took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

100gSoma wrote: »

No not yet, any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

No sign of it on the reputable news sources yet. Think it must have just been on the one of the tabloids perhaps. Hard to believe they got 65 of those 25kg bales off cork. I'm sure some were rescued by dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

"Morning Ireland" I'll have you know!! mind you, the story was "It's reported this morning that Gardai are investigating the possibility that.."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

fullstop wrote: »
    Who honestly gives a **** if a load of more famous celebs than herself didn't turn up to her 24th, yes 24th birthday party? Why the hell was she having a 24th birthday party anyway, especially such a high profile one, and inviting photographers from all the papers? Pathetic

I think that we can all agree that her party was a bit daft, but put yourself in her shoes for a few minutes, and think about how important publicity was to her. She surely must have felt a little bad that people didn't come to her party.

Advertisement