Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Wildfire S memory

• 18-06-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have a HTC Wildfire S and I'm pretty much constantly out of internal memory. I've used App2SD to move what I can but the apps still seem to be taking up some space on the internal memory.

I don't have the money for a new phone or a XTC Clip to make it S-off so as far as I can tell rooting is out of the question.

Does anyone know of any way to root the phone successfully or even how to move more apps to the memory card?
    Is it possible to set a partition on the memory card that can be used as internal memory?

Has anyone tried this method of getting more space?
    Linky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AFAIK some boardsies have the clip OR, some of the chinese phone shops in town would too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I rooted my WFS The other day with S-ON, wasn't too hard. Just followed the tutorial on Android Forums, all you need is a code from HTCDev.

http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

There's a boardsie on here who will do it for you, Frank Leach is his handle, look him up and send him a pm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

ED E wrote: »
    AFAIK some boardsies have the clip OR, some of the chinese phone shops in town would too.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    There's a boardsie on here who will do it for you, Frank Leach is his handle, look him up and send him a pm....

THere are none of those kind of shops in my town.
    I'm from the sticks and cant be without my phone too long (work) so I can't send it away and I don't think there are any boardsies that can do that in Donegal.
    The Snipe wrote: »
    I rooted my WFS The other day with S-ON, wasn't too hard. Just followed the tutorial on Android Forums, all you need is a code from HTCDev.

http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions
    I've looked that up, looks like I could do it.
    Hows it working out for you now that its rooted?
    What ROM did you use? CM7?

I just need to back up my phone first.
    Anyone got any tips?
    I don't want to lose anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Backing up: Just sync everything to google, and copy the contents of your simcard & memory card on your computer.

Rooting was quite easy, now running CM7 and its amazingly fast, and battery lasts much longer. As for memory, not getting any problems anymore, as I can move all the files over. (That can be done anyway with the phone just rooted, and not with CM7 installed).

Heres a full tut on the rooting process.

http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seems i have to downgrade to make this work on wifes phone.
    I need to upgrade to 2.13.206.1 to be able to unlock the bootloader..
    However phone has previously been OTA'd to 2.26.206.1

Anyone had this with meteor HTC?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 WelshExile

Fieldog wrote: »

Hi there, I also need to root my Wildfire but don't know how to look up Frank Leach on Boards (I'm quite new - think I need to have posted more times to send direct messages?). Can someone possibly point me in the direction of Frank or tell me where to find one of the shops in Dublin that do it?

Thanks very much!

Advertisement