Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options
1599600601602603605»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Hello out there!!! has everybody been deleted :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

its all gone very quiet here, am i the only 1 left :eek:

Looks like it :D

robinson-crusoe-island.jpg

Get over to Moncreiff.....before Hayn-Gus and Brek wreck your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Posts that are deemed offensive or go wildly off topic will be deleted, as will posts which question moderator decisions such as those deletions. Stay on topic (i.e.: discuss Liveline here) and - if you want to question any moderator's decisions, send a PM to the moderator (i.e.: don't post your query here).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

signostic wrote: »
    Cold Turkey PC7 or ring Joe, he had dealt with addictions before.

cold turkey works wonders when u can just read the tripe thats happening. working for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Bard wrote: »
    Posts that are deemed offensive or go wildly off topic will be deleted, as will posts which question moderator decisions such as those deletions. Stay on topic (i.e.: discuss Liveline here) and - if you want to question any moderator's decisions, send a PM to the moderator (i.e.: don't post your query here).

I agree, a lot of posts on this thread are from immature idiots making fun of people in dire circumstances like some poor unfortunate bloke who's wife was dying of cancer and had a lot of operations who rang in last thurs or friday, having a laugh is cool but ripping the piss out of such people isn't on,most of the rest of the comments are about how crap it is, if you hate the show so much fcuk off and listen to something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

If you hate the thread so much why read it?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I agree, a lot of posts on this thread are from immature idiots making fun of people in dire circumstances like some poor unfortunate bloke who's wife was dying of cancer and had a lot of operations who rang in last thurs or friday, having a laugh is cool but ripping the piss out of such people isn't on,most of the rest of the comments are about how crap it is, if you hate the show so much fcuk off and listen to something else.

Vic_Bob_Handbags_RE_Triple_Combo-s383x269-56957.jpg

furiousox wrote: »
    If you hate the thread so much why read it?

Because I have made constructive (and the odd sarcastic but not belittling of people with serious problems) comments on various topics covered on the show at various times and will continue to, which is surely the idea of this thread?, I thought after hours was for a**hole type "humour"?

Vic_Bob_Handbags_RE_Triple_Combo-s383x269-56957.jpg

Wow how clever, I am devastated :rolleyes:

Because I have made constructive (and the odd sarcastic but not belittling of people with serious problems) comments..

Same here.
    I've never told anyone here to "fcuk off" or accused anyone of "a**hole type humour" though.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Could you post up an example?

I've looked through last thursdays & fridays posts. Maybe you can see something.

I couldn't, for the life of me, find a post to back up your assertion that people.....oh sorry, "immature idiots" ....here were making fun of anyone in a manner such as you described.

From what I gathered (from the thread here), Thursdays' show consisted of two topics. Autism -in particular Joe's ongoing attempt to get Dr. Tony Humphreys on air and also a TV Show that wanted the Catholic Church to break its rules to allow two participants to married in jig-time.

Friday had the Facebook photo-agitated Scouts mother, then back to more Autism/Asbergers, finishing off with a revisit of the HepC scandal. Though Cancer was mentioned, I failed to recognise any slight of, or anyone here "making fun" of a cancer victim (or their relations) either.

Perhaps you can oblige.

Oh, btw, I'll listen to what I want and not be told otherwise. Still a free country last time I looked.

Same here.
    I've never told anyone here to "fcuk off" or accused anyone of "a**hole type humour" though.

Laughing at people who's family members are dying is much worse than those two things if your a decent human being.

Laughing at people who's family members are dying is much worse than those two things if your a decent human being.

Example?

CPL 593H

Example?

If you are even a semi regular viewer of this forum you will know what I am referring to, Mod has (rightly) deleted a lot of them.

If you are even a semi regular viewer of this forum you will know what I am referring to, Mod has (rightly) deleted a lot of them.

Right.
    Only post I can find from you in the last two/three weeks on the liveline forum is this one from last Thursday when the subject was Aspergers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76997762&postcount=17244

Nobody laughing at cancer as far as I can see.
    If a post offends you, report it to a mod and stop pontificating here about non existent events.

CPL 593H

Hang on. You said this comment that was (in your words) "making fun of people in dire circumstances like some poor unfortunate bloke who's wife was dying of cancer" had been posted up here last Thursday or Friday. I was in regular contact with this thread on both days, (despite the pisspoor programme, this thread can be a much livlier and more entertaining way to pass through Liveline than just listening to your hero prattle on at times while setting his personal agenda at the public expense), so was surprised not to have seen it.

But I digress, at no stage did I see any offensive comment such as you described in the first place posted, nor see any notification of it being removed by a Mod.

Therefore, would you kindly PM the Mods and ask them if they removed such a post and then be good enough to re-paste what you apparently saw?

As Joe might say....in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

417.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

After embarrassing himself yesterday He retreated to safe ground today; pensioners confused about life, adoption and making derogatory comments about Repak every 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thread closed in accordance with the request of site admins, due to it getting too long once again. A new thread has been created for the discussion to continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement