Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Oldschool

Options
  • 12-12-2014 6:20pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I saw Dublin Oldschool last night in Project Arts Centre, Dublin. It was in the Fringe Festival earlier this year as one of the Show in a Bag series but sold out really quickly. The director said that this run in Project was almost sold out before they got their posters back from the printers so there is a lot to be said for word of mouth advertising :D

A two man play starring Ian Lloyd Anderson and Emmet Kirwan, written by Emmet Kirwan, directed by Philly McMahon.

Story - about a Dublin lad, loves to party hard, go a bit mad, works in a music shop, into DJing, ambition to play his own set at a gig.

Delivery - spoken word, rapping (a little), singing and dance (a tiny bit) but everything is delivered so well. The audience was hooked and so was I; my companion was on the edge of his seat through it all. Parts of it are explosive, others are subtle and poignant. If you are looking for something new and different, go see this if you can. If you can't see it at Project this time around, keep an eye out for it as it is likely to tour.

Dublin Oldschool - last two performances are tomorrow now that I look at it. Tickets €16/concessions €14.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

I'm a bit too old for DJs, rap, house etc , but this buzzed along from the get-go. Some real talent on stage & cracking lines & I haven't seen the Project full at a matinee for a year or two. I hope it gets to tour elsewhere, deserves to be seen by more.

Advertisement