Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Grooming in Cork

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 4 y/o Springer which I adopted about a year ago and am having major issues trying to groom him.He just won't stand still for a second and won't let me put the shaver near him.

Are there any good groomers in the Cork area that are able to sedate him in order to groom him properly? His coat has got very long as I haven't been able to trim it.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

I cant help you on where, but only groomers that are in a vets can sedate dogs as the vet needs to do it. Make sure whatever groomer you choose they have a recognised qualification such as city and guilds, as they are alot of people who just did a two week course and then went and set up a dog groomers! hope you find a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

kazza90210 wrote: »
    I cant help you on where, but only groomers that are in a vets can sedate dogs as the vet needs to do it. Make sure whatever groomer you choose they have a recognised qualification such as city and guilds, as they are alot of people who just did a two week course and then went and set up a dog groomers! hope you find a good one

Ah thanks kazza90210.

Maybe it's best to take him to the vet then to get it done.Although, it cost me over €200 last year when he had an ear infection and all the vet did was shave his ears and gave him some tablets.

I'll ring around and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

My Uncle has a yorkshire terrier which gets very snappy when groomed, so the vet recommended valium. He gives it to him about a half hour or so before the groomer arrives and the groomer never had any problems with him while on it and gets the work done.

Best to ask your own vet about it, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

My Uncle has a yorkshire terrier which gets very snappy when groomed, so the vet recommended valium. He gives it to him about a half hour or so before the groomer arrives and the groomer never had any problems with him while on it and gets the work done.

Best to ask your own vet about it, good luck :)

Thanks for the advice, RebelRockChick.I still haven't decided on which path to take as I've been too busy with work.On a side note... I did manage to take him to Garretstown Strand yesterday morning and he loved it. :)

Advertisement