Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Elections - Exit polls / First impressions / Constituency Results

Options
  • 06-05-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

First Exit Poll: Joint Sky News/BBC/ITV Exit Poll

Conservative - 307
    Labour - 255
    Lib Dems - 59

Hung Parliament

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Anyone have any idea what time the Northern Ireland seats are expected to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Hamlet.

Exit polls 307 for Tories.

No majority but could form a minority.

Just makes tonight more exciting. Anything could happen.

Good luck Dave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

When is Peter Snow on with his swingometer ?

My prediction a 'Hung Parliament' with the Conservatives as the largest party, to be propped up by the liberals + two possible UUP seats :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Going by that Exit Poll, the LibDems are this year's Portillo.

I sincerely hope the poll is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Must admit, i'm shocked by the LibDems projected total!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Only 59 for Lib Dems, shocking and disappointing. I hope this exit is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

ive no clue about poltics so how do they get out of hung parliament

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

That exit Poll has to be complete bollox tbh, I'll be really surprised if it stands up. I cant see the lib dems losing seats on last time. It was done by UNS as well, which wouldnt stand up well in a 3 horse race.

They could team up with another party/parties to make up the seats, similarly to what FF did with the Greens and independents.

Otherwise, they could request for the Queen to award them a minority government.

Jesus, even adding Lab and LibDem, they still wouldn't get a majority going by that poll. I sincerely hope they're wrong.

Conservative = 307

Labour = 255

Lib Dems = 59

Others = 29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Looking at that exit poll even a Lab/LD coalition wouldn't have a majority.

Inquitus wrote: »
    That exit Poll has to be complete bollox tbh, I'll be really surprised if it stands up. I cant see the lib dems losing seats on last time. It was done by UNS as well, which wouldnt stand up well in a 3 horse race.

The poll was conducted by IPSI/Mori, on behalf of the BBC, ITV and Sky combined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

What's this now I thought the first results weren't in till 11

The poll was conducted by IPSI/Mori, on behalf of the BBC, ITV and Sky combined.

UNS means Uniform National Swing ergo it doesnt take into account the vaguaries of a potential 3 horse race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Possible Lab/Lib Dem/DUP on the cards perhaps ?

Inquitus wrote: »
    UNS means Uniform National Swing ergo it doesnt take into account the vaguaries of a potential 3 horse race.

Sorry, I should have included the line "make of that what you will", I was stating who conducted the poll in terms of your comment about it being bollix! :)

Real story could be the LibDems stalling this time around.

On that seat count, we may have at least one of Lucas, Farage or Griffin getting elected for the smaller parties!

Unpredictable night ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Hamlet.

I'd happily take the exit polls but no way can LD lose seats surely? They don't include postals and that could be alot of LD fans who were going by first debate.

It's too close. Very nervewracking night ahead. Didn't expect anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Voters were turned away from lots of polling stations, including Clegg's own constituency, due to the long queues and not everyone getting in before 10pm.

Could be an issue raised if things go awry.

• Advertisement

People refusing to leave poll stations around Hillsborough, Sheffield area!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lovin it :D

"The Terminator has spoken" - Adam Boulton

Arnold Schwarzenegger has tweeted his congratulations to David Cameron on his victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Some posts moved from the other thread, title of this one modified. is where the night owls can provide views as the poll results start coming in with Sunderland. Discussion with reasonable-ish focus desired please:)

/mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sounds like too mnay voters and not enough polling stations (or more likely too may fools leaving it till the last minute, 70%+ turnout). The Exit Poll is almost certainly completely wrong, quite why its wrong will no doubt be discussed tomorrow - if it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The first results from Sunderland will be fascinating. If they are consistent with the swing in the exit poll than its game on the Cameron.

The percentage equivalent of the Exit poll seats is:

CON: 39.1%
    LAB: 30.2%
    LIB: 22.6%
    Others: 8%

A lot of people couldn't make it earlier, but started queuing at around 9pm. One guy got in to the centre,but the polls were closed.

Very badly organised.

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    The first results from Sunderland will be fascinating. If they are consistent with the swing in the exit poll than its game on the Cameron.

Indeed, but who will he have to get into bed with ? (metaphorically speaking).

A lot of people couldn't make it earlier, but started queuing at around 9pm. One guy got in to the centre,but the polls were closed.

Very badly organised.

Hmmm "cba to Q it looks a bit long, will come back later", smacks of "cba to queue" rather than bad organisation.

Ah yeah, there is a smattering of that. However, what they could have done was stop allowing people to queue once it was 10pm, but allow all those present to cast.

Looks like noone believes te exit poll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Exit poll just can't be correct.

Advertisement