Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expired Provisional license

• 28-11-2012 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Provisional 1 - issued 12-07-07 expired - 11-07-09
    Provisional 2 - issued 12-07-09 expired - 11-07-11

They wouldn't issue me with a third provisional as I had not yet booked my test.

Where do I stand now?

On the RSA website it states that if you had a provisional issued before April 4th 2011 then you did not need to have the 12 mandatory lessons, will I now have to have this EDT training because both my provisionals have expired?

Also I did my theory test in 2007 prior to the issue of my first provisional licence, because 5 years have now passed do I have to do this again or say if I were to book a driving test now would the motor tax office issue me with a third provisional so that I wouldn't need to do the theory again?

Also, do driving instructors 'rent' out their cars to students who don't have a car so that they can sit the test in the only car they are used to.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

1. You need to apply for a driving test
    2. Print off the letter of confirmation
    3. Bring with your LP application to your nearest motor tax office
    4. You'll be issued a 3rd LP, however it will only be valid for 1 year not 2.

You won't need to do the mandatory lessons or retake another theory test unless your LP is expired more than 5 years. And yes instructors will rent their car out to pupils for the test but it's at their discrection, so you'll probably have to take a few lessons with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Faith+1 wrote: »
    1. You need to apply for a driving test
    2. Print off the letter of confirmation
    3. Bring with your LP application to your nearest motor tax office
    4. You'll be issued a 3rd LP, however it will only be valid for 1 year not 2.

You won't need to do the mandatory lessons or retake another theory test unless your LP is expired more than 5 years. And yes instructors will rent their car out to pupils for the test but it's at their discrection, so you'll probably have to take a few lessons with them.

Thanks for your reply. Just one thing, for which LP will they work out the expiry? Because my first LP was issued July 2007 which means its 5.5 years expired but my second LP was issued in July 2009 so that's only expired since July 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks for your reply. Just one thing, for which LP will they work out the expiry? Because my first LP was issued July 2007 which means its 5.5 years expired but my second LP was issued in July 2009 so that's only expired since July 2011.

You're fine.

It's measured from your last expired LP, which expired in 09. So that is less than 5 years, which means no need todo the provisional again

Advertisement