Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V for Victory!

Options
  • 26-09-2006 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Been suffering from V GAS for a while now and saw this bashed up 1990 beauty on Chris' site at a very reasonable price... and the rest is history ;)

v2.jpg

Sold off some stuff to make way for it. The Kahler trem was the clincher, my first guitar, an Aria Pro II, had one and I still prefer them to the Floyd fulcrum design. Man it's great to be reacquainted with these kick ass trems.

v1.jpg

The previous owner must have been some sort of cretin, dodgy respray on the headstock, tippex (I swear :eek: ) on the pole-pieces but it made it considerably cheaper for me to buy so no biggie. I stripped it down last week, sanded off some of the **** paint, shielded it properly, completely re-wired it, installed a JB and Jazz, fret level, crown and polish and a kick ass set up and it's now rocking the house tuned to B :)

v3.jpg

All for just a little more than a shoite Epi V in Waltons :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

That's just absolutely beautiful.

Bastard.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It plays like a bastard too :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Tuned to B? Yes, I'll be home at the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

You had it for a week without posting pics?!

It needed to be prepared to a suitably high level before presentation ;)

And for those of you looking for pickups, I can highly recommend this place

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sigler-Music-Center

Dirt cheap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I would like a spin on that bad boy also. In the spirit of tuned to B, I'm strongly considering amassing a fund for a Schecter C-7 Blackjack. Really tootling my flute right now...

Just don't let me catch you down in Peterson's buying a pipe like Albert King.

That would be pushing it. :p

Man you wanna hear the neck pickup, now that's a blues tone :D

Oh man, I can only imagine.

I want one of them too. :(

*sigh*

I'm still GASsing over this one :eek:

Gotta love the Kahler, I can go from standard B to dropped A and the other strings stay in pitch. Take that, Floyd Rose! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

God J where the hell do you get the cash for all your gear? The only thing i can think of is your a dodgey drug baron Hmmmmm....... Sexy guitar though another beut added to your already class collection you lucky bugger.

I sell to buy :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

But you forgot to mention what you sell :p

Unless you're buying, you don't need to know, suffice to say I don't have as many guitars as you think :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Doctor J wrote:
    My Harley Benton P-Bass needs a new nut... which they have. And I like the look of that Seymour Duncan P Pickup... But I've got no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Paint it half black, half white. You know you want to..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Will this be making an appearance this Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Doctor J wrote:

Legend! I've been looking for a nice priced JB jnr :D Beaut of a V too Doc, though it really is crying out for that Scorpions paint job ;)

Gentlemen, there will be no Schenker paint job, sorry :D

I quite like the burst, got that Hendrix thing going on, you know, and then I start playing and sound like a bag o cats, it's all about the contrast :p

And John, yes, Saturday is the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Very, very nice Doc. It also looks a lot nicer in those pix than it did on Chris' so you obviously know what yer doin'. Way to go! I love that last pic, very starship-y.

If it was me the pearlescent p/guard would have to go and also why would a Gibson not have speed knobs, the best knobs in the whole world? ;) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

FFS. Here I am selling gear to fund an amp because I was(WAS) happy with my guitar collection and you do this J. Now what.... eh, what do I do now....I have a soft spot for Gibson even though the LP's are way overpriced but the other models like the V.... like THAT V......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

What's this Saturday thing?

The Saturday thing is band practice :)

The pickguard isn't so eye-catching in real life as it is in the pics and, yes, the knobs might be changed at some point. It needs some quality riff time before anything else gets changed to be honest, it needs a proper road test. It's a sweet guitar though, it must be said. The neck is very comfy indeed. Quattroste, there are some good V deals knocking about... don't want to put you in temptations way but if you seek you shall find, shall we say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Doctor J wrote:

ehh, they've got a badass II for £27 (€40 + € 10 for p&p)....seems pretty damn cheap considering our friends at thomann want €123 for it, before p&p. can this be right?:eek: why so cheap? are these people relyable?

I've bought from them on two seperate occasions and the stuff is legit.

Advertisement