Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bass

Options
  • 28-08-2006 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Im Thinkin of getting a new bass and im not quite sure what to get.

Any suggestions?

My Price range is around 400.
    Also i play mainly metal... stuff like unearth, mendeed, lamb of god, slayer, at the gates, pantera, trivium, killswitch engage and cannibal corpse...

Thanks!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

How many strings? What type of pups you after: Humbuckers, jazz, p-bass ones? Active or Passive?
    I'd suggest looking at some Ibanez basses on Thomann.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

i recently bought this; http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_artikel-170168.html

great bass, looks great, sounds great and its well worth the money

2 active humbuckers and 5 strings its all you'll ever need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I got this with Bartolini humbuckers/preamp and it plays/sounds amazing.
    http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_ibanez_sr500bm_prodinfo.html

The specs on it are fairly decent for that sort of pricerange if you can stretch that far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Man! They're pointy!

Sorry, no help from me .... ;)

• Advertisement

Well in that case, I'd go for the Rockbass. Though how you can dislike 5 strings and play metal is beyond me... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Slurms wrote:
    Though how you can dislike 5 strings and play metal is beyond me... :p

Yeah, that has me stratching the noodle aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Korvanica wrote:
    haha are you serious? hmm will i get a rockbass vampyre or a ****TY vintage one hmm decisions hehe

Slurms wrote:
    Well in that case, I'd go for the Rockbass. Though how you can dislike 5 strings and play metal is beyond me... :p

My band uses only drop c.. its just easier with a 4 stringer..

Ok cool. Then go for the Rockbass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Man have you EVER once in your life played the vintage guitars and basses, now in all fariness they arent exactly the dogs bollox but they arent actually bad either.Plus they look nice and pointy. If i were you though id get some form of ibanez for the price you will do no better i assure you, perfect for metal and a variety of other styles.

I wouldnt go for the rockbass myself the necks on the buggers are huge now its all well and good if its a warwick cause the sound off em is phenominal but its not worth the hastle if its only a rockbass.

The ltd Steoob sugested is also available in a 4 string version for cheaper, now i personally hasnt heard his plugged in but its probrably the easiest bass to play in the world(just dont order off thomann).Plus steoob is happy with it and hes not exactly an easy man to please if it doesnt look super sexy with pointy ends so it must be good, plus it fits quite nicely in your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CyberGimp109

i hear bad things about esp... but i got an ibanez sr506 a while back and i love it worth way more than it cost imo. check out the four string version sr500 tis luverley

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Nothing wrong with ESP mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

i hear bad things about esp... but i got an ibanez sr506 a while back and i love it worth way more than it cost imo. check out the four string version sr500 tis luverley
    Yeah amazing bass innit? I run the SR500 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Deffinatly nothing wrond with the esp, played steoobs last night through a pa and i must say i was impressed, i thought the tone was absolutly savage for the price, i wouldnt go off comparing it to basses worth a grand like but my god very good for the price.

ye im gettin an ibanez edb500 as soon as possible...
    anyone wanting to buy an ibanez sr300dxf fretless bass??

Advertisement