Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

green carnation last night

• 18-06-2005 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

anybody else go ??

it was easily one of the best gigs ive ever been to!
    Green Carnation were phenomenonal, completely and utterly flawless
    'lullaby in winter', 'pile of doubt' and the mini version of 'Light of Day, Day of Darkness' were personal highlights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, amazing show altogether. Although I though the venue sucked, the beer was rancid, and the heat in there was something else altogether. Still, that didn't stop me from enjoying the gig. Utterly amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

dude, if i'd a known you were there.....
    you manage to catch all 4 bands ??
    i actually really like voodoo, great size,stage, sound(generally), and an awesome beer garden(good for somewhat fresh air).
    was on my own and knew nobody, so was bored like crazy inbetween the sets, had a cool chat with Tchort, Stein(i got his plec at the end of the night), Michael & Tommy though afterwards, got me cd's signed and all afterwards.
    where were you standing ?? i was right up by the stage, headbanging through the whole night......was class!

cant comment on the beer because i dont drink at gigs, but ye gotta love the in-house pizzeria!!

edit: you saw them last year ye, in eamon dorans ??
    what was their line-up, any changes ??
    you catch them in tower too for the acoustic-ness ? that was something i really would of loved!

what was your highlight(songs-wise) of the voodoo gig ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wasn't at tower, but yes, I saw them at Eamon Dorans and it was the same line-up.

I had a mad long chat with Tchort before the gig, he had a mad story about his amp exploding.

Managed to catch all 4 bands, and they were quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Really enjoyed the whole gig -
    Fallen: first time seeing them, but they were quite impressive,
    Primed: really cool band although I thought they were better the last time I saw them in the Sugar Club, more suited to a venue like that,
    Mael Mordha: always impress, really got the place going &
    Green Carnation: what can I say, they were brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Couldn't believe what time it was at the end, the night flew. I thought last years gig was better, but that was probably because it was my first time seeing them, so I was blown away. Friday night was amazing though, can't wait for them to come back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

the beer was rancid

I can testify! :D

blurgh, don't wanna think about it actually...

• Advertisement
Advertisement