Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone at Billy Corgan?

• 18-06-2005 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Twas fairly enjoyable... very impressive visuals and an all-round good show... not too sure about the music though... still was a good night.. He could've talked to the crowd a bit more tbh...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Thought it was quality, been a long time waiting to see the man himself. I was impressed how they managed to pull the sound off of the album so well (although it is mostly electronic anyway) but it sounded great. Visual backdrop was amazing.

He spoke enough I thought tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I was never the typical fan of Smashing Pumpkins, most of my favourite tracks are on Adore.

I've listened to the new album, it's different, good to explore new areas of music etc but personally I prefer smashing pumpkins and I suppose it being the same guy, I was slightly let down. We got a little snippet of today. Maybe the album will grow on me in time, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

It was and ok gig. nothin amazing. the whole fact that it was billy corgan on stage wore off after about two songs and it was more listening to the music. it wasnt too lively until the end. was great when they played that song that had the tiniest riff from "today" in it and the place went nuts! and the little grin he gave. brilliant stuff. I was expectin more of an encore tbh.

the suport band were ok. it sunded like the singer was havin an orgasm while singing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Wasn't at the gig but I've heard the new album. Don't like Billy's electronic adventures (hate synths) and even Jimmy Chamberlin's drums were muted on "DIA", but that seems to be the direction he wants to head now. Overall I much preferred the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex album to Billy Corgan's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Songs are better live than they are on the album... but then there are only a fistful of standout tracks imo. the visual part of the show was excellent, very simple idea its like they used a winamp visualisation running for each song.

Not a bad gig but far from brilliant. The AC/DC cover was brilliant and unexpected. A smashing pumpkins cover would have been nice and that girl on stage was hot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

it was new, it was different...which was to be expected to be fair. overall it was an enjoyable enough gig, dont think ill be buying the album tho. as for his talkin to the crowd, billy never seems to talk much anyway, altho he made a nice crack about the crazy frog song :P

the visuals were amazing, and the last few songs i thought were pretty good. its more background music tho, would nearly have been better off if the gig was seated.

also, quick sidenote - why the **** were people throwing up the horns durin the gig? were they listening to the music? idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Thought it was quite enjoyable, really was better than i was expecting & the background was excellent!
    The album sounded better live imo.

Anyone know what the blonde guy to the left of the stage was doing with the mac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

fortuneg wrote:
    Thought it was quite enjoyable, really was better than i was expecting & the background was excellent!
    The album sounded better live imo.

Anyone know what the blonde guy to the left of the stage was doing with the mac?

pressing play on certain tracks and making sure the background sync'd to the music!!!...... maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 avernus

yeah it was pretty good alright. some good songs. seems like the album is a grower. the visuals were cool and Corgan seemed in good spirits. the bar was hell, ran out of everything.

enjoyable stuff. I love that bald giant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bumblebeemouth

Great gig, way better than the London show I was at, but it SUCKED that he didn't keep playing 'Today' coz that would have ****in ruled!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement