Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War of the Worlds

Options
  • 20-05-2005 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Theres a new trailer here that shows off a lot more. You get to see what looks like the aliens in some sort of mechanical suit and a few shots of a ship crashing I think. Looks god damn amazing. I love the way its told from one familys perspective, the jets attacking look so much better from that angle, gives you a great sense of what that would be like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

They showed this before Episode III too. Almost stole the show entirely, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

anyone think the aliens are quite similar looking to Independance Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

After seeing the new trailer before star wars,I cannot wait for this movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah I don't think they could have picked a better movie to play the trailer at than Star Wars. Everyone's in high spirits and says, "Oh, that looks good!"
    Definatley gonna give this one a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Eh Wow is all I can say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It looks Ok....that's all, still I'm hoping this will be brill.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Looks decent enough, but I'm wary always of scenes of mass destruction set to loud instrumental pieces. Still I'm sure I'll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Yeah saw it before Episode III too, looks great on the big screen. The aliens arent really like the ones in Independance Day, they're in tripod suits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Looks really good, and i never usually like Tom Cruise movies that much but this one looks to smash my old assumptions... and i want to see Cruise sneeze Earth germs all over those SOB's, that'll learn ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

They played the old WOTW trailer where i went to see EpIII. That looks great though, i hadn't seen that before.
    I liked the first two trailers better though, i liked that they didn't seem to be giving much away with regards to the aliens and their technology.
    In this trailer you can clearly see more of the tripods and the ferry attack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

This film will be one of the best films this year...

However, because it was so rushed, a friend of mine (Petee), seems to think that the effects don't look as finished as they could be (ex. the fly-over scene).

Anyone else a little worried?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Otacon wrote:
    This film will be one of the best films this year...
    Yes
    Otacon wrote:
    Anyone else a little worried?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Can't wait for this, everything I've seen/heard so far points to a great movie. Roll on July 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/index.html

This seems to be the final one. Looking good.
    WHHHHOOOOO!!! I cannot wait :D

Advertisement