Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The da Vinci code film

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

it appears Christopher Eccelson is to play Silas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Jean Reno perfect. Tom Hanks a disastrous choice. Aidan Quinn would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

But tom hanks has box office appeal - aiden quinn doesn't

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Well it is a best selling book in america, it has a ready made audience. Do we really need box office appeal. Personally I'd prefer it was unknown, and as good as it can be, than well known and that little bit shítter.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Only seen there now that Tom Hanks is to play Robert Langdon. How crappy is that! I mean, I love the guy in all his 80's comedies etc. But he's a bit too old (and fat) to play Langdon. Yes, Liam Neeson would be a good choice. He's got more of Professor look about him than Hanks. I think it would also be a good idea for a slightly unknown actor to play the part.

Paul Bettany (Jennifer Connelly's hubbie) now looks like he's set to play Silas.

http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1183566,00.html

Me thinks Ron H is being abit lazy with the casting!!

P.S. Angels and Demons is such a better book/story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

dont think they could get away with angels and demons with the pope having died so recently,all those hardcore catholics would go bannanas

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Donald Sutherland is too old to play Langdon, Langdon is supposed to still have black in his hair, Sutherland is totally grey.
    I think the woman in Judging Amy should play Sophie, she is supposed to be red headed after all. OOH and you know the British guy in The Last Samurai?. He should play Teabing. Come on......its perfect!
    And boooo for Hanks. He doesnt suit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Gileadi wrote:
    dont think they could get away with angels and demons with the pope having died so recently,all those hardcore catholics would go bannanas

I don't think you would have to be a hardcore catholic to be offended by the story coming out the same year. OT: Angels & Demons got absolutely ridiculous when
    Langdon jumped from a helicopter using a canvas sheet as a parachute

I find films tend to be dumbed down versions of the books, so God help a film made from a dumbed down book. The best parts of a very flawed books where the historical facts(?), and as said, a lot of these will probably be glossed over for the book.

And CrazyTalk is bang on the money "boo to Tom Hanks". What a bad decision, as has already been said the book is already a sensation, I don't think a name like his was needed to draw in the punters.

Advertisement