Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish attitudes to mental health

2»

Comments

dd972 wrote: »
    It's funny how a corrupt neo liberal s**thole run by gombeens and formerly run by paedo priests.

I hope you have moved abroad never to return as you certainly wont help anyone spewing bile like above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I imagine you would have a doctors note and be very carefull around food in future. I think the issue with depression is that it can be used as an excuse and is dependant on the person being honest.

You can also get a doctor's note for mental health issues... I've done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Im mean if you cant make a registration deadline how are you going to meet course deadlines?

I'm fairly sure you can get extended/flexible deadlines in college if you're suffering from a mental illness that would make it difficult for you to finish assignments on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'm fairly sure you can get extended/flexible deadlines in college if you're suffering from a mental illness that would make it difficult for you to finish assignments on time.

You can, my sister suffers with depression and had an extended deadline for all assignments including her thesis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I suppose, point was, if they clear you, the work place doesn't question it.

Here they do.

Ah, I see. There are still exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Common enough phrase where I come from, probably used more in country areas and by the older generations.

Only used by people 70+ where I'm from. Basically an awful "euphemism". Anyone under 70 who uses it would want to cop themselves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

they are good :D

At least amongst my friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Have you ever tried ringing in sick to work saying you need a mental health day?

Have you used any stress management techniques such as media of yoga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Robsweezie wrote: »
    How far do you think we have come as a society in regards to mental health awareness and acceptance of mental illness as no different to physical problems? are we where we should be? Have we done enough to conquer the stigma?

Funny I just had a conversation with a fairly smart guy about mental illness in the past few days. We discussed a particular situation and he agreed fully with the course of action taken. Which was determined entirely by stigma!

So I would say we haven't come nearly as far as we think we have, once the chips are down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement