Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moth ID?

Options
  • 19-06-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all.

I wasn't sure whether to post in Mothman's excellent thread or whether to start a new one, but just a few pics of this little guy from last night. Flew straight for my computer screen. Anyone hazard a guess as to what it is? My first guess was a Common Swift but I'm not 100% sure.

It was going fairly mad at first, but it settled down very quickly. I got it into my hand for release using a paintbrush and it was quivering so it clearly was upset at being disturbed but he was let safely outside after its adventure :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I agree with you 100% :)
    Common Swift,a species that seems to be abundant in places, but I've never seen it in the flesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Mabel

Cheers Mothman!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

My dunnock loves them. :) She often has one squirming in her beak in the evenings when she comes down for a mealworm or two to top up on her catch. They look huge in her little beak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Yes I own my birds as well. :)

Advertisement