Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gas Boiler

Options
  • 28-01-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

My boiler went at the weekend, anyone have a rough idea how much a replacement would be, fitted ? Need to save up for it

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

What type of Boiler are you after, Oil ,Gas, Solid Fuel ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

uch wrote: »
    My boiler went at the weekend, anyone have a rough idea how much a replacement would be, fitted ? Need to save up for it
    A new gas boiler fitted PROPERLY will come in around 1700-2200

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sorry, should have said Gas Boiler, thanks Dtp79

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

uch wrote: »
    Sorry, should have said Gas Boiler, thanks Dtp79
    I knew it was gas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

What is the problem with your existing one?? Did someone tell you it was "gone"?
    All boilers can be repaired, it just depends whether it is viable (€€€) to repair.
    I constantly come across boilers that are condemned only to find a part, good safety check and service are all they need!
    What make/model is your boiler? post a pic if you are unsure!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It's a 16 year old Boiler and the Fan unit is gone in it, new fan is costing 369 + vat before installing, so I reckon it'd be a waste of money given the age of the boiler

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

what boiler is it. and can be got second hand for most boilers. its heat extangers that people dont keep and can cost a bomb

eg baxi solo cast iron heat extanger 650 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mammy123

hi wondering if you had your boiler fitted. planing on buying a new boiler as the existing boiler is not very efficient . however have very less €€€€ with me soas above needa start saving.
    thanks

Advertisement