Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much do you spend on heating each month?

• 25-03-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, have oil heating, which is heating water and 8 radiators. Since September last year I've put in 800€ of oil. Seems a lot to me. Usually heating house for 1.5hrs in morning, perhaps 2hrs at night. When its cold like now might have it on for 2hours midday.
    Boiler was serviced in January. Does this sound about average cost for oil?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭splanagan22

seems high but not that high either if you know what i mean,,

whats the boiler like? is it standard efficiency or condensing
    have you any insulation in the house and if so how much,,like have you upgraded the attic or installed cavity insulation,

how long was it since you serviced the boiler before january and was there any concerns or general comments the service man had,,

i put 600e into my tank in november and still running fine but will have to top up in next 4 weeks,

i am running 15 rads off a stanley standard efficiency boiler/cooker and i have solar thermal installed too,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

snaps wrote: »
    Just wondering, have oil heating, which is heating water and 8 radiators. Since September last year I've put in 800€ of oil. Seems a lot to me. Usually heating house for 1.5hrs in morning, perhaps 2hrs at night. When its cold like now might have it on for 2hours midday.
    Boiler was serviced in January. Does this sound about average cost for oil?

at approx .94 per litre for oil 800e = 850 litres over 7 months =121 litres per month =30litres per week at approx 4 hours per day

i would say you have nothing to be concerned about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

There are alot of people thinking there oil boilers have turned into guzzlers recently, I have been called to quite a few and in 99% of cases it is down to people buying oil by price and not by volume.
    The price of oil has risen a lot over the past few years and you are not getting near as much oil for €100 as you were a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thanks. I just seem to have spent more than the past few years. I suppose this winter has been colder too.

Advertisement