Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkyrom Project Imploding

Options
  • 19-05-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Seeing a bunch of tweets here between the founder of Darkyrom and the Darkyrom dev crew on the future of the darkyrom.com website.

http://www.darkyrom.com/

Some of you might be interested in having your say...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

The claws are really out.

There was a time when Darky rom was the best there was (if you couldn't put up with the bugs of CM7) but since then there are now a huge host of great ROMs and with ICS rather than GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Yeah. The chat they published is quite enlightening about how these kinds of projects work - organised chaos :)

I suppose the real concern is the security of registered users' data - um, not that I am one :D

That reminds me

*deletes account*

Wow it really is a sh1tstorm in a teacup.

Darky was absent from the project for final year in school, and the people he left in charge refuse to hand back the reigns.

A fairly emo response by Darky himself on google plus
    That's it. The end...

DarkyROM has been stolen by my own crew.
    I've been thrown out by my "loyal" crew...

My team (ficeto, Robbie Hood and Tom) want me gone.
    Why? Because they think the project is theirs now.
    They think because they worked in the last few months, it belongs to them now and I don't have anything to say now.

I was and still am in my last year of education and everyone understood I can't invest that much time anymore. But now when I asked my team to transfer DarkyROM to another domain - to make DarkyROM bigger - they want me gone now so I can't do anything.

I can't do anything about it as I trusted Hristo (ficeto) when I gave DarkyROM to his server. He suspended my access, so he has the full control.

I'm so upset that a few people STEAL my project I started in October 2010 (alone). And just because I had to concentrate on my education, I have nothing to say now? This is just not fair.

- Joël Staub (Darky)

Further steps will be communicated here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wow it really is a sh1tstorm in a teacup.

Darky was absent from the project for final year in school, and the people he left in charge refuse to hand back the reigns.

A fairly emo response by Darky himself on google plus

Eh, not exactly right, Darky tried to take all the work the crew did in his absence in the last year and give it to someone else (some Android Switzerland group). He tried to do this without even consulting the others in the crew. The crew banned him from the forum to protect forum members information and blocked his FTP account.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Eh, not exactly right, Darky tried to take all the work the crew did in his absence in the last year and give it to someone else (some Android Switzerland group). He tried to do this without even consulting the others in the crew. The crew banned him from the forum to protect forum members information and blocked his FTP account.

D ick moves on both sides. Clearly more things should have gone through the community first, and not doing that was shortsighted.

From what I saw on the forum before I deleted my account, I didnt see much activity since I left. Sure there's a new ICS rom for GS2 but GS development seemed to have stalled.

There are better Roms out there without such a childish community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

D ick moves on both sides. Clearly more things should have gone through the community first, and not doing that was shortsighted.

From what I saw on the forum before I deleted my account, I didnt see much activity since I left. Sure there's a new ICS rom for GS2 but GS development seemed to have stalled.

There are better Roms out there without such a childish community.

When did you delete your account? Ficeto said Joel took a full backup from the server on the 14th.

GS development stalled because the agreement between them was that there'd be no Darky ROM update until July and then Joel would announce it on his return to ROM making. Ficeto released kernels, but was never allowed release a ROM, that was exclusive to Joel.

Supposedly Joel wanted to transfer the community to Android Swiss in return for a Galaxy S3. I think they're better off without him. Ficeto is the one who moved things forward, Joel didn't contribute since 9.5.

Yeah I've never really like Joel. He's just a kid and quite immature at times. I will credit the project with the first usable Rom that I flashed, but times have moved on, and a year is a long time in android development.

Only managed to get my account deleted yesterday. Had to pm a request to a mod/admin because there's no option for it in the control panel. I got a couple of snarky responses "If you dont want to be here, then don't visit." Completely not getting the point.

Havent used any darky rom since Slim came out.

Advertisement