Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice on new job issue

Options
  • 02-06-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Basically I have just been offered a new job but have a small issue already. When I was initally contacted by them, they asked if I had any holidays planned this year. I explained to them that I did have a holiday booked and they didn't seem to have a problem with it. So I went for the interview and got a call offering me the position.

However when I was advised of the training period for the role, I told the person that I was due holidays during that period and that I had notified them prior to the interview of this. They did not have any advance notice of this despite me telling the original person who called me. They checked it out and said that I basically can't take my holidays as they can't schedule around it.

I'm slightly pissed off with this as I had been looking forward to getting away for a couple of weeks. I'm now in a position where I have accepted the job but must now cancel my holidays. I feel this should have been taken in to account before I was offered the position.

Does this sound fair to anyone else?

Advertisement