Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else experience this on a WPP?

Options
  • 31-05-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

I started an unpaid engineering work placement a couple of months ago. The problem is, days go by where I have nothing to do. Has anyone else found this? Not only is it terrible for my morale, I can't see why the company took me on. If anything, I thought I'd be worked like a slave!

Now I have been busy-ish before, but this has dropped off in the last week. I'm going to say it to my supervisor tomorrow, but tbh I find it embarrassing having to say this to her as other people will overhear, and I was told I'd get good experience.

I don't want to leave until I get another job, as I feel it doesn't look great on my CV. Also, it's a very well-known company, so even if I continue to go in and surf the net every day, I can bullsh*t my way through talking about experience I have gained, etc.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

having no work is more stressfull than having too much work if you ask me. ive been in both situations and at least when you are too busy the day goes by were when you have too little to do it drags and drags.

ask your supervisor for a word in private if you dont want people to hear. try and phrase it along the lines of "is there any way i could get more involved" rather than "i've nothing to do and i'm bored". is there anyone/team that are busy or look like they might need a hand? if so put it to your supervisor.

at the end of the day you are there on a wpp placement. try and get as much from it as you can.

Advertisement