Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance Star Wars threads could stay in Star Wars forum?

Options
  • 31-05-2005 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Don't wanna be a negative nelly here (got that quote in my head, it's Flanders, right?)..

I'm looking through the 3 pages of the 'Films' forum here:

"Which Star Wars Film Was The Best?"
    "putting Star Wars into context (rant alert!)"
    "Ewoks - The Battle For Endor"
    "Ep III verdicts...?"
    "Anakin / Vadar's father ? SPOILERS !!! (ixoy did move this though)"
    "more Star Wars movies down the road...?"
    "Star Wars III movie - Irish classification?"
    "Star Wars Live Action Tv Series"
    "My old EpIII script. Lol! So wrong...."
    (did i miss any?!)

We're turning into the Star Wars forum!... any chance of keeping Star Wars threads to the dedicated Star Wars forum?

I like Star Wars as much as the next guy...... presuming the next guy loves the Original Trilogy and is insulted at the travesty Lucas has incurred on us all in Eps 1 - 3. Just my opinion!

Anyways.. back on topic... Star Wars topics should stay in the 'Star Wars' forum. Unless it's EP III verdicts.. there's already a long thread dedicated to that which should stay.

Thanks for listening... (don't have nightmares!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

The biggest film released so far this season? In fairness, maybe a lotta people don't realise there's a star wars forum, or some such.... They ARE films after all, so what if the threads span two forums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

hold on now, in fairness, I was just refrencing in my post, if you read it you would have seen what I mean, I talked the same ammount about Reservoir Dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm tempted to put this thread in the star wars forum out of sheer spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do... please!! I'd be grateful!

Just a bit sick of navigating the Films forum to see Star Wars threads on and on after each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yes it is the biggest film this season...and we have registered that with 2 very long threads...one is full of reviews and the other is discussion of the film, is it good or bad.

But topics like old scripts and who is anakins father are threads by fans for fans and the by/for threads belong in the dedicated forums, if we had topics like:

Lucas's ability to butcher a montage

Effect of ep3 on future films p

then the film forum is a great place for them...but of above named threads only 3 i feel belong in film the rest are star wars topics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I agree with BlitzKreig's interpretation. Any more threads speculating about areas like Anakin's father will go immediately to the Star Wars forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thats a bit over the top!

Sure a thread like 'Who has the coolest lightsabre' should be dumped in the SW forum but a thread like 'Ep3 verdicts' has as much right to be here as a discussion about other film.

The way I'd see it is probably ...

Keep...
    "Which Star Wars Film Was The Best?"
    "Ewoks - The Battle For Endor"
    "Ep III verdicts...?"
    "more Star Wars movies down the road...?"
    "Star Wars III movie - Irish classification?"
    "putting Star Wars into context (rant alert!)"

Move...
    "Anakin / Vadar's father ? SPOILERS !!! (ixoy did move this though)"
    "Star Wars Live Action Tv Series"
    "My old EpIII script. Lol! So wrong...." (did i miss any?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

this isnt likely to be a recurring problm , as this is the last film, so leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I agree with Pigman II

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You know you want to:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I think it'll blow over in a week or two. Probably just need for people to get it out of their systems. I know I've said everything I wanted to about the film and have no interest in further discussion.

I wouldn't worry about it unless there still is a load of star wars threads on this board in a month's time.

But then I don't have to read every thread or post on here, so I could understand the mods getting a bit annoyed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the star wars topics should be in the star wars fourm just the mods here dont move them thats all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

User45701 wrote:
    the star wars topics should be in the star wars fourm just the mods here dont move them thats all.
    No they shouldn't all be actuallly. BlitzKreig's view is the best one so, as a result, the current thread comparing 'Star Wars' to 'Reservoir Dogs' is valid as it's about film making in general, rather than 'Star Wars' mythos. Reviews of the movie are also very valid but invalid is a thread talking about Wookies on Endor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

please stop my heads big enuf as it is...

Advertisement