Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winged Migration

Options
  • 26-05-2005 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this? Truly mind blowing cinematography. How did they get some of those shots?

P.S. For anyone who has never heard of this film, it is a documentary style film following various species of birds, all over the Earth, as they migrate. It is a must see! The only place I know that stocks it is Laser in Ranelagh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Has anyone seen this? Truly mind blowing cinematography. How did they get some of those shots?

P.S. For anyone who has never heard of this film, it is a documentary style film following various species of birds, all over the Earth, as they migrate. It is a must see! The only place I know that stocks it is Laser in Ranelagh.

It was produced by a friend of mines brother, had a a grand wee chat about it. Take the shots of geese coming into new york at dawn, they co-oridinated with New York state wildlife authorities to plot geese migration patterns and they were up in microlights with 16mm cameras strapped to wings. Check the credits, they used microlights for the airbornshots, on remote harnesses.

Alot of the film was staged using trained animals (parrots in cages on the amazon as a prime example) but it was filmed over years, I dislike the staged atmosphere of several of the sequences which while I appreciated in Microcosmos, seemed too artifical using birds.

Advertisement