Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaten oktoberfestbier, 500ml bottles only 1€ each

Options
  • 05-07-2015 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

As per title, very nice beer, Spaten Octoberfest beer, 500ml bottles (5.9%) are only a Euro each in O'Briens.

Best before end of July (who cares though?)

I'm unsure if it's nation wide, but my local has them ((lots of them) in Naas. Very very very enjoyable beer, and a steal at a Euro each.

Enjoy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Chap in Stillorgan checked their system and confirmed that this is nationwide. None left there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Mezcita wrote: »
    Chap in Stillorgan checked their system and confirmed that this is nationwide. None left there though.

Get to Naas so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Drank this a few times, blows the head off me:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Beautiful beer. A proper beer. I had this shipped into my wedding venue instead of the usuals.

Makes sense that it's the Oktoberfest brew and best before end of July! Will do for fight night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭RayCon

None in the Blanchardstown branch of O'Briens :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

my local navan rd has none. naas, blackrock and ballybrack have loads apparently. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Just picked up a case in naas, they have around 2 cases left (40 bottles).....thanks op !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

The store in the Beacon is the HQ so best to check with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

Ah balls, I was near Naas yesterday and would have grabbed a case of this had I known. Gorgeous beer, funny enough the last time I got some was in JC's in Swords and it was also short dated.

I called Glasnevin just now, the guy reckoned only 3 of their stores got stock -Naas, Ballybrack (I think he said) and one other he couldn't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Shred wrote:
    I called Glasnevin just now, the guy reckoned only 3 of their stores got stock -Naas, Ballybrack (I think he said) and one other he couldn't remember.

Blackrock - as I said above

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Wonder if there are any in Sandymount

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

I love my German beer but I'm not convinced by this stuff. It really does smell very alcoholic and it is far from easy to drink. Will take me a while to get through the crate but 1 euro is still a steal though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

kevthecelt wrote: »
    I love my German beer but I'm not convinced by this stuff. It really does smell very alcoholic and it is far from easy to drink. Will take me a while to get through the crate but 1 euro is still a steal though :o

Spaten is the German version of Dutch Gold (Made by Anheuser-Busch InBev)

IMO its not a very good German Beer and is one of the cheapest in any Trinkhalle you go to in Germany.

Personally I think it's very easy to drink and has a nice sweetness to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Spaten and franziskaner are the same company metinx, so that's good enough for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

damian139 wrote: »
    Spaten and franziskaner are the same company metinx, so that's good enough for me!

If franziskaner was a vindaloo, oktoberfest would be korma. Its supposed to be a clean lager have no fruity esters, no hop aroma, as keith clancy says think Anheuser-Busch. At a euro I'd still have some though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

moodrater wrote: »
    If franziskaner was a vindaloo, oktoberfest would be korma. Its supposed to be a clean lager have no fruity esters, no hop aroma, as keith clancy says think Anheuser-Busch. At a euro I'd still have some though.

I usually drink franziskaner or paulaner , but I widened my economic goalposts, in the interests of research:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Still plenty in Blackrock, about 3 and a half boxes worth after I picked up 8 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Got some in Blackrock last night, lovely when chilled, although wouldn't drink loads on a school night (5.9%)

• Advertisement
Advertisement