Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Show with Niall Boylan 4fm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

marno21 wrote: »
    Even if the show doesn't have many listeners in Ireland, it's amazing how much of an active following the show has across South America :)

(https://twitter.com/niallboylan4fm/followers - might have to scroll back a bit)

Screen_Shot_2013_02_08_at_11916_PM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

It was a mad hour of radio and it certainly seems to have taken over the Internet. Fair play :-))))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Staged, every bit of it.
    He has his few callers (set up) in to rise up the conversation now and again too.

Who cares,.....I heard that guy doctor death on last night telling people how to commit suicide......didn't think he was allowed on Irish radio....... Talk about contraversial .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Carazy wrote: »
    Staged, every bit of it.
    He has his few callers (set up) in to rise up the conversation now and again too.

really ...ic....snd how prey tell would he be able to do that without someone squeeling to the newspapers???

go on all the mad yo0lks,abortion seeking girls,death seeking old folk...paedophile haters, baby makers and phone shakers....

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...yis pack of mentlers..:D:D

• Advertisement

go on....boylan ye bollix.

where it all began...ah japers..

have to say the taxi maniacs wanted to be armed...was hilarious...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

I dont care what callers Mr Boylan and Co might or might not have lined up at night because he is brilliant.He is the only Talk show host that I know that says it as it is.I have listened to them all and they are all too PC for me.I say go Mr Boylan and I've even told friends of mine to tune in. I hope his ratings have gone up, he is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jasssss wrote: »
    I dont care what callers Mr Boylan and Co might or might not have lined up at night because he is brilliant.He is the only Talk show host that I know that says it as it is.I have listened to them all and they are all too PC for me.I say go Mr Boylan and I've even told friends of mine to tune in. I hope his ratings have gone up, he is great.

Sometimes hes a bit OTT and the callers are a bit repetitive but all in all one of the better phone in shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Have to say, Im finding it very very hard to believe this 'Katie' storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Last night Niall said whenever he is abroad or in Florida he never says he is Irish or from Ireland if asked where he is from as he didn't want to be looked upon as been stupid. Instead he says he's from the UK. Nice to know what he thinks of Irish people in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I've given up on the show totally after a short few months of loving it. Same topics, callers etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

barryd09 wrote: »
    Have to say, Im finding it very very hard to believe this 'Katie' storyline.
    agree, that katie is either a little troll coming on of her own accord to wind-up people or she's a little attention seeker.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

Ah, did Niall really say that when in Florida he says he is English.That I have to agree is not nice.

and katie aborted the baby....so proud of her...best decision she has ever made...

and less scrounging off the welfare...

BRAVO WELL DONE KATIE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ken Ridge

Its funny how one or two people keep bumping this thread about a crap show on 4 listeners fm

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

Ken Ridge wrote: »
    Its funny how one or two people keep bumping this thread about a crap show on 4 listeners fm

At one point TBP and proview were posting updates directly from the facebook page about what was coming up on that nights show.

Greyham wrote: »
    At one point TBP and proview were posting updates directly from the facebook page about what was coming up on that nights show.

You'd make a good investigator or a detective if you' aren't in that line of business already that is.

I used to listen to the show a fair bit one time alright but as you would have seen from browsing through the thread I've gone off it a lot lately and rarely listen to it anymore.

amazing how people who seemingly dont listen to the show ,come onto the thread ,slagg off the show and people posting about it,and get thanked by others who claim not to listen to the show...

lol

just admit it ...yis all listen to the show...:D

• Advertisement

Suzie4 wrote: »
    amazing how people who seemingly dont listen to the show ,come onto the thread ,slagg off the show and people posting about it,and get thanked by others who claim not to listen to the show...

lol

I didn't comment on the show positively or negatively (what i've heard of the show is fine), simply that most of the interest in this thread* appears completely artificial and forced

*Especially several initial posts which were simply rundowns of the show posted by one person to absolutely no response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

lol

We don't all listen to the show, Niall :D
    but I love you anyways :)

I would never slag Niall off.I have already said and will always say he is by far the best Radio talkshow host that i have ever listened to.I know from listening to some,that they just stop short of saying it as it is and instead back down from conversations.But with Niall he just goes the whole way regardless.Love the show and long may it continue.a bit more advertisement from 4FM would not go a stray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I didn't comment on the show positively or negatively (what i've heard of the show is fine), simply that most of the interest in this thread* appears completely artificial and forced

*Especially several initial posts which were simply rundowns of the show posted by one person to absolutely no response

I agree with what you're saying.

I like the show btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

Katie , John the guy in the wheelchair who defends paedophiles, same old same old, depending on the topic you can predict who will be on each and every night.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    We don't all listen to the show, Niall :D
    but I love you anyways :)

EHHH...lol..you think im niall boylan...how sad.

im just enjoying the banter, like on the show, and really the petty back biting on here is a tad silly...i mean why would anyone spend there tme coming onto threads that they seemingly have no interest in to point out things about people who they they think they know ,whilst making banal points about the show they seemingly dont listen to ...????

why waste your precious time ...you have only one life my good man...

use the force ...dont abuse the force.

BIG yaaaaawn...

EHHH...lol..you think im niall boylan...how sad.

How sad??

You accused me of being Mike the producer a while back (page 5).

Anyways for fear of getting another infraction or what ever it's called I'll refrain from telling you what to do this time.

TBP wrote: »
    How sad??

You accused me of being Mike the producer a while back (page 5).

Anyways for fear of getting another infraction or what ever it's called I'll refrain from telling you what to do this time.

oh for gods sake...can you not be getting all " syrious" im only taking the mickey out of the grand canal and letting him drip off for a while before he starts jogging again...

its not like we are cyprus you know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 drive.it

love love love the show! Yes the same subjects get repeated but only because it will be relevant to current affairs the discussion will always vary a little at least :-P I listen in car, at work and at home, ive recommended to so many friends! Go on Niall and the team :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Boylan said last night that airlines are legally obliged to let you smoke e-cigarettes on their planes. Not maybe, if, perhaps, but clearly they are.
    I can't find a link for this fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

Think a special thread should be started for correcting some of the expert know-alls who regularly phone the show, (could include niall in this too).

Last nights expert John informed us that persons with a disability were a higher motor insurance risk and so they pay a higher premium. Complete horse sh**. As a driver of adapted car I would love to be charged extra, I love a good day at the equality tribunal.

Mad that you are moaning about here..... Why didn't ya go on the air and correct it. ... That John guy is in a wheelchair and I'm sure he knows what he's talking about too ..... Friend of mine is in a chair and pays extra on insurance.... But he understands why.

The way the GP was treated by John shud give you a clue why I not bother ringing, I too am in a wheelchair, I drive my own car and if any insurance company is charging a driver with a disability extra, as I said before that is completely illegal. Tell ur mate to pm me here and I gaurantee It will be sorted, I have all relevent details

Proview wrote: »
    Mad that you are moaning about here..... Why didn't ya go on the air and correct it. ... That John guy is in a wheelchair and I'm sure he knows what he's talking about too ..... Friend of mine is in a chair and pays extra on insurance.... But he understands why.

The majority of the time John hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The majority of the time John hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

He seems a very angry person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

hes a serial radio show caller, he used to be a regular on the adrian kennedy show on fm104 under the name of zultan. he can still be heard on there at times but he now uses john there too. have also heard him on david harvey.

some people have a very sad life

Big C wrote: »
    some people have a very sad life

lol who him for doing the above or me for knowing? :P

lol who him for doing the above or me for knowing? :P

both of you with you being in the advanced position as you are commenting on a thread (probably not for the first time) about other people who are on the radio expressing themselves..

so so sad.

• Advertisement

both of you with you being in the advanced position as you are commenting on a thread (probably not for the first time) about other people who are on the radio expressing themselves..

so so sad.

wasnt asking you suzie so (snip) off and mind your own business

Caught the show the other night and felt like pulling the radio off the shelf listening to that woman from the American baptist church....... Her name was phelps I think and she was mental and saying horrible things about gay people. ...... Heard niall saying a while ago they were no2 talk show at night in Dublin now and I'm in cork and everybody I know listens to it .......I'm not surprised its a mental show and one night after another its different ...... I do hate that caller John as well but he always gets abused by other callers. so its worth it ......the only show I know where the dj actually sounds like he's really interested in everything he talks about ...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Caught the show the other night and felt like pulling the radio off the shelf listening to that woman from the American baptist church....... Her name was phelps I think and she was mental and saying horrible things about gay people. ...... Heard niall saying a while ago they were no2 talk show at night in Dublin now and I'm in cork and everybody I know listens to it .......I'm not surprised its a mental show and one night after another its different ...... I do hate that caller John as well but he always gets abused by other callers. so its worth it ......the only show I know where the dj actually sounds like he's really interested in everything he talks about ...........
    45 posts and 40 about 4fm and Niall boylan?

It's not. If you listened to the show a few months ago the last time they had that Phelps one on it was almost a carbon copy of the show the other night, the same type of scuther was being spewed.

Almost every topic ends up being derailed back to the Catholic church too within two minutes and that too along with the same trolls banging the same drum every night or week is getting a bit boring.

It's a show that'll gain some new listeners for a while and lose them after a few months, gain more and lose more and so on. It'll never be a raving success or anything.

Them little spats on facebook with that other late night show in Dublin Niall does be having or them digs he does throw around now and again come across as a bit pathetic too. And speaking of facebook Niall has a habit of instantly deleting peoples comments that either prove his arguments wrong or just plain and simply make him look like a fool, I've learned a lot about him in that respect and that's one of the main reasons I've gone off the show big time. The shouting people down and the ramming of his opinion down the throat of callers live on air made - it all add's up.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    45 posts and 40 about 4fm and Niall boylan?

TBP and proview basically bump the thread back up once it falls too far down

proview has also mentioned more than once how well the show does in cork for some reason.

oh and that all his friends listen.

and that its a great show.

TBP and proview basically bump the thread back up once it falls too far down

proview has also mentioned more than once how well the show does in cork for some reason.

oh and that all his friends listen.

and that its a great show.

The thread was 2nd from the top when I posted on it you clown.

The thread was 2nd from the top when I posted on it you clown.

Sorry, it's easy to confuse you with the other really low post count accounts that just talk about this show and say things like
    Heard niall saying a while ago they were no2 talk show at night in Dublin now and I'm in cork and everybody I know listens to it

How many night time talk shows in Dublin are there out of curiosity?

Sorry, it's easy to confuse you with the other really low post count accounts that just talk about this show and say things like

How many night time talk shows in Dublin are there out of curiosity?

3 afaik. theres niall boylans on 4fm, adrian kennedy on fm104 and i think joan lee still has one on 98fm.

the fm104 is probably the original its been around years, i was a regular listener for years but the producer he brings on is a prize twat and i couldnt listen to him. and his ongoing battle against people who take a stance on immigration etc. whether you agree with immigration or not is irrelevant the point is he is obviously for it and that his opinion but for the argument against they always seem to find some gob****e that comes on and makes a fool of himself, i know several people who are involved in politics and are highly educated but when they try to ring in on this topic they dont get aired. i wonder why???

niall boylans show i find seems to lean a bit more towards freedom of speech. they have callers that argue both sides reasonably well and that is what i find more appealling. he is opinionated and does try to force his opinion a little bit but as they say, opinions are like arseholes everyone has one.

3 afaik. theres niall boylans on 4fm, adrian kennedy on fm104 and i think joan lee still has one on 98fm.

the fm104 is probably the original its been around years, i was a regular listener for years but the producer he brings on is a prize twat and i couldnt listen to him. and his ongoing battle against people who take a stance on immigration etc. whether you agree with immigration or not is irrelevant the point is he is obviously for it and that his opinion but for the argument against they always seem to find some gob****e that comes on and makes a fool of himself, i know several people who are involved in politics and are highly educated but when they try to ring in on this topic they dont get aired. i wonder why???

niall boylans show i find seems to lean a bit more towards freedom of speech. they have callers that argue both sides reasonably well and that is what i find more appealling. he is opinionated and does try to force his opinion a little bit but as they say, opinions are like arseholes everyone has one.

indeed...and how is alan d asshole getting on on the streets of dublin?

poor sap was going to be homeless the last i heard....and taxi drivers were laughing at him on the air...i had a giggle meself but im just wondering how the twat is doing if anyone knows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement