Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A quick Q re 'walking from front to back'

• 13-06-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Does that mean 3 seats up front is not allowed? Given that you'd need to scramble to get to over them? I realize this will have been covered here but I'm clearly not putting in the right terms! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Walk through is the term. It's a requirement for insurance iirc, rather than revenue, for self builds presumably to reduce the chances of it being used as a van. I've seen professional conversions without it though which have had no problem with insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Mine is factory built, with no walk through, and the question never arose.

So macy is prob right in his thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Our friends conversion has none no problem. A swivel drivers seat will allow you to get in and out pretty easily if you wanted to keep the double in the front.

I've 3 seats up front. Walk through seems to include a clamber over the gearstick. I just made sure to take the photo far enough away to make the gap look bigger. I think that's a stipulation for dolmen only. Other companies may not consider it a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Yes, it could actually be a "no bulk head" rule rather than a "must have a walk through" rule. To be honest, my plans always involved swivel front seats so it wasn't an issue for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement