Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying and Renting a Mobile Home

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi all,

i have decided to purchase a mobile home preferably somewhere in the south east of Ireland and keep it in a holiday park/campsite.

i was wondering where is the best place to purchase a mobile home and what is involved in getting a location in a holiday park?
    what are the costs involved and can anyone recommend a good one that is quiet, close to the sea and near a nice village/town.

i would like to rent a mobile home in the next couple of months for a couple of different weekends to see how i like it and to help me choose a good location. can anyone suggest a particular holiday park and what are the costs to rent a mobile home for a friday and a saturday night?

i'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer,

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Achilles24

any help??

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

Achilles24 wrote: »
    any help??

I'm no expert on mobile homes but have had a few conversations with a colleague who has had one for years.

My understanding is that the key cost (outside of the buying cost) is the annual site charge. These will vary hugely from site to site and will depend on the popularity of the site and the level of service provided.

The next key cost is the mobile itself and transport to your site. Now you have to be a bit careful. I believe it is not uncommon for some sites to insist on certain conditions and that can include who you buy from and who might be allowed onsite to do an installation or repair work etc. Best advice is to talk to people who have had a mobile on your chosen site.

It is also possible to buy mobile homes that are already on-site which is fine so long as that is the site that you want to be on. Check out the mobile home section of Donedeal

I don't know the detail but apparently there is a popular site in the west of Ireland where there has been a serious 'falling out' between the site owner and the mobile home owners. I guess this kind of thing is very rare but just make sure you are happy with the conditions attached to the contract and the friendliness of the management.

As regard renting. I have no idea how much it would cost but I'd say you are looking at a minimum of 7 nights rental during July and Aug.

That's about the extent of my 'knowledge' on mobile home.

Good luck with it. Oh and if you ever decide to consider one with an engine the advice will be far more comprehensive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Achilles24

wildwater, thank you very much for your replies. very helpful info.

Advertisement