Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things You Would Like To See In The Sims

Options
  • 25-04-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Often when I'm playing the game I'll think of stuff that I really wish they had in the Sims. I really really wish they had a spiral staircase. Or that you could place stairs in two parts without it having to be on a flat plain, or affecting the levels of the floors above etc.

I also really miss the piano! My sims used to enjoy it and they would learn something as well. I've also always wanted more items relating to laundry, like a washing machine/dryer, and maybe a wash basket and an ironing board and maybe a clothes horse. I think they'd make the house look a little bit more realistic. I have seen some custom content made for these but they're never perfect and look a little silly.

Are there certain items you would like to see included in the Sims?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I'd love bunk beds for the kids, and a better choice of kitchen counters. And for the overhead cupboards to actually do something.

I'd like for them to be able to make a coffee (or tea, seriously what's with the lack of tea in the gaf?) and sit on the couch with it/read a newspaper while drinking it etc

I'd also like an option for the kids to be able to study to bring up their school performance even more, and for them to have better clothes and hairstyles.

For babies, I'd love a babymat that has a mobile on it (you know the kind I'm talking about) and more toys for toddlers that are just fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Keep thinking of stuff when I play it;

I'd love to be able to build apartments (small blocks) and be able to just purchase ONE apartment, and have the others blocked off, with other Sims living in them. Kind of like how they did in in the University pack in Sims 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

+1 on the bunk beds,spiral staircase, and apartments

Always wish that you could build a pool on upper floors, and that there was more variety for carpets and wall paper etc, i know you can customise it with sims 3 but sometimes you want to just get playing, not spending hours customising everything in your house!

Loved World Adventures apart from the time limits on holidays, and really looking forward to Ambitions. Would love to see a new expansion than has the elements of open for business and university from sims 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Would love to have seasons back, I loved that expansion pack. Bunk beds would be awesome. Way more hair and clothes, there are tons but I only use a few of each, especially for men.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Alicat wrote: »
    Keep thinking of stuff when I play it;

I'd love to be able to build apartments (small blocks) and be able to just purchase ONE apartment, and have the others blocked off, with other Sims living in them. Kind of like how they did in in the University pack in Sims 2?

Thats in the Sims 2 Apartment life. Its a BRILLIANT EP. Really wish The Sims 3 would bring out a pets/university/open for business/apartment life/seasons.
    They really were top class.

I'm actually pretty shocked they havnt brought out a pets yet.

Is it just me, or are they kind of slow bringing out EP for Sims 3? Sims 2 had them coming out all sides all the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

fend wrote: »
    Thats in the Sims 2 Apartment life. Its a BRILLIANT EP. Really wish The Sims 3 would bring out a pets/university/open for business/apartment life/seasons.
    They really were top class.

I'm actually pretty shocked they havnt brought out a pets yet.

Is it just me, or are they kind of slow bringing out EP for Sims 3? Sims 2 had them coming out all sides all the time!

See the advantages of still playing Sims2 :D am gonna buy two expansion packs for sims2 tonight ;):D

I'm gonna be hitting my forties by the time they bring out all these damn expansion packs I want :o

How do I explain to my kids; "Stay out of the computer room! Mummy needs Sims time! Cook your own dinner!"

(note: I do not have kids at this time)

Alicat wrote: »
    I've also always wanted more items relating to laundry, like a washing machine/dryer, and maybe a wash basket and an ironing board and maybe a clothes horse. I think they'd make the house look a little bit more realistic.

There is a washer/dryer in Ambitions! :D \o/ Yaaaaaaaaaay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

oh ive thought of things thatd be great when playing sims 2 - that came out in sims 3 or sims 3 EP's. i think it'd be fun if there were baby buggy's rather than leaving the baby on the floor - or crib if its on the lot.
    strange... i miss the rain you used to get in sims 2... lol.
    its a pity the sims cant gain weight if theyre theyre lazy. and get a tan at the spa...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

I want more hairstyles for kids and toddlers and more clothes choice. I always think of things when i'm playing

• Advertisement

i was thinking last night woudnt it be great if i could dress her up as a real slapper - the sim in an elder who is a bit mutton dressed as lamb and a bit of a floozy. you can do them up so they look silly. but not totally slapperish - it'd be fun if i could. like a swimsuit top as a daywear top!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I want the ability to 'draw your house' No pointy corners, no set shapes and such, the ability to draw your dream house would have me cry with joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I think I posted this somewhere else on this forum a while ago, but Around the Sims 3 has downloads if you're just looking for some new objects/wallpapers/sims, that kind of thing. (There's an Around the Sims 2 as well.)

And I second the Pets expansion pack. Definitely.

i hope the pets expansion pack is cool and fits in with the general course of the game nicely. i had pets for sims 3 on playstation 2. i know theyre different to the pc version. but the whole game centred around the pets wishes and needs so much so that i couldnt play with the sims, or the sims had no real time to play with each other. it was like having a real baby. itd be cool if the various sims in the household shared out the feeding and walkies duties without being told to do it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

SeekUp wrote: »
    I think I posted this somewhere else on this forum a while ago, but Around the Sims 3 has downloads if you're just looking for some new objects/wallpapers/sims, that kind of thing. (There's an Around the Sims 2 as well.)

And I second the Pets expansion pack. Definitely.

The Sims Resource is immense for things like that. Don't overdo the downloads though you'll end up fcuking up your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

There were a lot of great things in SIMS2 that I wish they would carry over to SIMS3

* to be able to hire a nanny that comes to mind the kids when you go off to work as an ongoing thing. As far as I can make out you have to call and request her every time

* to be able to hire a gardener to tend garden. Even if you didnt gain any gardening skill if he did all the work at least you could get the food in your inventory

* Apartments as in SIMS2. I LOVED this feature in SIMS2. I waited a while to move to SIMS 3 because of this and I miss it

* Prebulit house styles that can be selected for any plots bought. Was very handy when you just wanted to jump straight into a game

* Built in wardrobes

A few things I would love to see introduced

* A two stage staircase that could turn 90degrees after the first flight rather than just be in one long flight. I like the spiral staircases but they very 'fussy' looking

* A way to speed through sleep completely. It's still too slow for me

* A way to look at the layout of a house before you buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

MintyDoris wrote: »
    * Prebulit house styles that can be selected for any plots bought. Was very handy when you just wanted to jump straight into a game

* A way to look at the layout of a house before you buy it

You can do both of those things. If you go to "edit" the house in Edit Town, then you can have a look at it before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Proper farms with animals and stuff, on the same land as your house.

Also would prefer if they went back to making new Sims 2 games, I really don't like the Sims 3, it's boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sarah_mol

Isn't there an expansion pack with a spiral staircase? My stairs menu in the game has the option for spirals but there aren't any to choose from...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wmagalore

+1 on all of the above, they should have carried over all of the improvements they've made to sims 2, onto sims 3. Also, I cant seem to find an option to build a town from scratch, maybe Im just not seeing it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement