Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising weekly 5-a-side - hall need insurance from us?

Options
  • 10-09-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

hey folks.
    Hope this is the best place to put this.
    I'm organising a weekly 5-a-side indoor football game, and the hall I've enquired about requires our insruance cert for public liability.
    How does this work given we're just 10 (max 12) lads who just want to have a friendly kick about?
    Do I need to formally set a team up?
    Any ideas what sort of cost this would be?
    I've emailed a few insurance cos. but no one is getting back.
    We'd only be playing for 1 hour per week, so the cost of the insurance cant outweight the cost of the hall rental.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Anywhere I've played usually has their own public liability which covers insurance for any group that uses the facility. In most places once you pay for the use of the facility the public liability kicks in and you are covered. I've never heard of a facility asking you to provide insurance. Is there any other facility nearby where ye could go to instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's a school hall we hope to use, so perhaps we're not covered as it's only teachers / pupils or covered only school times?
    Ideally we really would like to use this hall. All others don't have the free slots we need.

Thanks for the reply though.
    Hopefully we can sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Moved from Legal Discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Fairly standard request by owners of community centres, sports halls and schools. Allianz do it, so give them a call. Expect around €200 per annum

https://www.allianz.ie/Other_Products/Sports_Social/Public_Liability/

Advertisement