Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Polish Foods

Options
  • 12-06-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you buy foods from polish stores? ie. what are they good for? I got some iced tea there and some nice cheese but what should I look out for or what should I try? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Mustard...great selection
    Sauerkraut
    Nice yoghurts and cheap cottage cheese -twarog!
    Good pickled Veg
    Pulpety!!! mmmm
    Also good meats

Well worth a visit..and usually pretty cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Arthur B

sausage i.e. kielbasa, all meats tbh are great.
    in mid Sept. there will be a chance to try Polish food in every Polish shop in Ireland :) something big is coming in terms of Polish cusine... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Found a Polish/Russian shop in Galway a couple of days ago. Only went in cos it had a sign outside saying cheap fishing tackle :-D Ended up buying a load of food there as well. Some beautiful meats and sausages and cheese.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Pickles. ALL the pickles. They're fantastic.

Mustard, as someone mentioned, and horseradish sauce.
    Twaróg (also know by the German term "quark"), which is essential for making a baked cheesecake. And once you had a baked one, you'll never go back to the American version. :)

The Polish shop I go to also sell bunches of fresh dill, and frozen wild mushrooms. Actual wild mushrooms, not button mushrooms with a bit of a tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭twignme

It's the only place that I can buy fresh yeast. Little individual blocks for about 40 cents each.

• Advertisement
Advertisement