Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those so called "<console:name/fanboyz\>

Options
  • 14-06-2002 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

I have come accross quite a few web forums where flame wars are the standard "baptism of fire" for a new guy, mine is bigger then yours is a prerequisite end statement for any post, or even the most original "!!!???!?!"...fantastic stuff altogether.
    :)

..but i have found a very special forum:

TeamXbox was once a great website and console forum (which is why i registered) but these days it produces such gems as:

Halo only used 15% of Xbox power !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!! no way in the world can Halo only use Xbox's full power only

that means that Xbox will have better abd bigger games coming in the future!!!! WoW!!! Halo is a great game and it only uses 15% ! LMAO PS2........ I cant belive I bought a PS2.... crapy thing - even gay cube is better ... LMAO

this is great news!

I wish this was an extreme example, but on TeamXbox, this is simply a standard post.

So does anyone else have any amazing gems they would like to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

ROFL.

Thanks for providing my first guffaw if the day Chern.

Have you thought about cross-posting this in humor? :D

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

PS2 Fanboy in Denial.

RickPANTERA66: how can you "hate" a video game
    LostProphets555: by not liking it.
    RickPANTERA66: HOW...they are all good
    LostProphets555: not really.
    RickPANTERA66: uhh yeah./...why is xbox BAD?
    RickPANTERA66: there is no reason..they are all good
    LostProphets555: cuz its just a brick of ****.
    LostProphets555: i dont like it. end of story.
    RickPANTERA66: haha
    RickPANTERA66: what an idiot
    LostProphets555: oh now im the idiot? your the fanboy here!
    RickPANTERA66: i said they are all good
    RickPANTERA66: you dumbass
    LostProphets555: but your standing up for ONE system.
    LostProphets555: thats fanboyism.
    RickPANTERA66: im not standing up for any u retard
    RickPANTERA66: i have both ps2 and xbox
    LostProphets555: but till your getting all PMSED over me not likeing XBOX
    RickPANTERA66: so youre the fanboy...and im asking how u can HATE a video game console
    RickPANTERA66: you havent answered that yet
    LostProphets555: i can hate it by not liking it!
    LostProphets555: AND I DONT LIKE IT! SO THERE!
    RickPANTERA66: what reason
    RickPANTERA66: ****ing *****
    RickPANTERA66: answer me
    LostProphets555: I JUST ****ING DID!
    RickPANTERA66: fanboy in denial
    RickPANTERA66: what a loser
    LostProphets555: then **** off.
    RickPANTERA66: LOL
    RickPANTERA66: go back to playing with your pecker
    RickPANTERA66: see you in hell
    LostProphets555: after i climb off your mum
    LostProphets555 signed off at 11:58:02 AM.

Stimulating read.(or confusing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Hands up who read any of that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Twas funny enough :)
    LostProphets555: i can hate it by not liking it!
    LostProphets555: AND I DONT LIKE IT! SO THERE!

also, any points for guessing what "****ing *****" is? especially the second word.
    I cant think of any 5 letter insults at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dea Bank Clerk is a woeful fanboy. He never shuts up about how great the atari jaguar is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

me

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

One of the funniest things I've ever read was the comment thread on TeamXbox after one of our guys on Eurogamer.net wrote an editorial summing up the whole Xbox Live affair. He criticised a load of things about the proposed service - all of them pretty much fairly, and he did go to lengths to point out that Sony has yet to reveal how it plans to overcome these same difficulties.

Some guy at TeamXbox posted up the entire story to a forum thread, which rapidly turned into a massive multi-page monster - the sheer depth of ignorance and rabid fanboyism on display was utterly staggering. And I'm sorry, but Xbox fanboys ARE the worst of the lot on the Internet - probably because they're mostly american teenagers and mostly on the defensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Extracts of the enlightened.
    First of all, thats Eurogamer. Just another news site getting anonymous tips from a secretary of the companies

Second, Microsoft <edit> specialize in COMPUTERS. I think they know what they are doing (debatable).

Eurogamer is a site of Nintendo fanboys....

..and the final piece comes from: xboxisphat
    It's this kind of arrogant troll bullsh*t which just simply needs to be handled, legally. This kind of ignorant trash should not even be allowed to be written, and these people doing it deserve to be banned from doing so. Does the world care how you would have done it in the first place sherlock?? NO. It's only a great way to raise more controversy and blind a couple of foolish haters to sway your way- why the hell don't you take edgegamers lead and realize that ANYTHING YOU SAY does not matter in the longrun anyway, so jumping aboard xbox is the way to go??

I don't think I really need to explain this anymore, these articles are full of bullsh*t, and are so onesided, the "press mongers" who keep feeding them should be getting misdemeanors slapped on their asses every time they turn around. There is no probable cause for allowing slander like this in the industry, it's the EXACT same thing as racial protagonists, and people against white supremacy etc. And with sites like www.xbxo.com popping up because of these enraged fanboys, I would not be surprised at all IF laws do get passed, because this kind of idiocy is not only not exscuseable, it's downright insidious.

If you wish to experience more..clicky here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by SyxPak
    also, any points for guessing what "****ing *****" is? especially the second word.
    I cant think of any 5 letter insults at the moment. [/B]

Pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Príck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

On Usenet, webtv users were (and probably still are) seen as the lowest form of life (even lower than AOL'ers). Then Microsoft bought out Webtv. History repeating itself?

Advertisement