Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zonealarm & online games

Options
  • 12-06-2002 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Lo folks
    Is it possible to open a port for a game while still keeping zonealarm running?
    If it is how do I do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

think its in the "allow software acces" but ti caused problems for me so i got Norton internet security and thats fine.
    But there is a way for zonealrm.
    kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Maybe im wrong but when you run the multiplayer game does Zone Alarm not prompt you to allow or disallow access to the internet for that game? Then you should be able to permit it and have no problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Maybe im wrong but when you run the multiplayer game does Zone Alarm not prompt you to allow or disallow access to the internet for that game? Then you should be able to permit it and have no problems....

It should, but it'll probably then block incoming data from the server, meaning that you'll have to specify allowed servers/IP's explicitly. I dunno, I've never tried it. I uninstalled ZA after 2 weeks, it pissed me off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by mbroaders

Thats exactly what it does. You dont need to specify server ips. Just tick the little prompt to let it acccess the internet and away ye go.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

yep, same here, just tick the box, works for most games providing you dont crash when the game minimizes (happens to some)

i too once uninstalled zonealarm, but the new version 3.0 is just so nicer and fluffier. wont go on net without it anymore...

• Advertisement
Advertisement