Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned two weeks for "trolling"

Options
  • 06-10-2014 11:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭

Mod told me to open a thread here, isn't willing to resolve it.

I posted "top notch post mate, keep it up" to a post that I thought was good.

How does this equal trolling?

I think she was just looking for an excuse to ban me. I have been careful NOT to troll.

Lets be honest and objective, in this particular case, there is no way i am trolling. I think the mods of this forum, if they take a purely objective view of this particular post, can't be trolling.

The mod has let her personal feelings come into it and in my opinion, abused her mod powers. She has made it clear that she disagrees with my points of view in the past.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92505519&postcount=78

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi paddy1990,

I'll have a look into this for you. Bear with me!

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭paddy1990

Thanks.

I'd also point out that the actual post in question that I commented on positively didn't get an infraction or yellow card.

Three posters have since thanked me for the post I made, which was me basically thanking that original post.

This was NOT trolling, quite clearly.

The mod in my opinion has let her personal dislike of my previous posts to influence her and banned me, and perhaps isn't in touch with the opinions of some guys in the gentlemens club, as some of them also liked the original post just like I did.

If she is being consistent, then surely the guys who thanked my post (which again, was just me thanking the original post) should also be done for "trolling".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

OK. My view on this is that the ban is unwarranted on the basis of the post. I think the bodybuilder slang might have been a little opaque to the mods on this occasion, but once you factor in what you're actually saying, sure, you're just liking a post which is in itself also an OK post for tGC.

I'm therefore going to overturn the ban, and have done so.
    The mod in my opinion has let her personal dislike of my previous posts to influence her and banned me

However, your record aside from this particular ban does suggest to me that a serious ban is really only a matter of time. You have a pretty long list of infractions and bans, and far from there being an issue with a single mod disliking you, those penalties have been applied by at least 7 mods. 10 penalties in 2 months applied by 7 different mods is a bad record. Bear that in mind, maybe, or no doubt we'll be seeing each other again fairly soon.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭paddy1990

Appreciated Scoff

I'll endeavor to keep within the rules from here.

Cheers again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement