Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

What sort of a sick comment is that?

Any sicker than someone saying they think its murder? No. I have a feeling its a drug overdose, I may well be wrong, but I have a right to an opinion so get off your high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I'd bet on a drug overdose.
    Showing your true colours now arent you? Why make a comment like this?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I suspect some foul play there, just a gut feeling :(

ffs a gut feeling? Is that it??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Any sicker than someone saying they think its murder? No. I have a feeling its a drug overdose, I may well be wrong, but I have a right to an opinion so get off your high horse.

No you don't have any right to speculate about the man's death, you know nothing about it. You are already backtracking, if you were any kind of a man you would simply retract the comment.

No you don't have any right to speculate about the man's death, you know nothing about it. You are already backtracking, if you were any kind of a man you would simply retract the comment.

I'm not back tracking on anything, I made a comment and I stick by it, its my opinion, I'm entitled to it. Its an open forum and what I said isn't breaking any rules. So again, get off your high horse.

Edit: I don't see you making any comment on the speculation of foul play, or is it because I'm a Rangers fan you can't accept my opinion?

Showing your true colours now arent you? Why make a comment like this?

Because its my opinion, I wouldn't wish death on my worst enemy, but I'm entitled to have an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Really classy post, speculating about a mans death like that, really classy.

I'm not back tracking on anything, I made a comment and I stick by it, its my opinion, I'm entitled to it. Its an open forum and what I said isn't breaking any rules. So again, get off your high horse.

Edit: I don't see you making any comment on the speculation of foul play, or is it because I'm a Rangers fan you can't accept my opinion?

The other poster should not be speculating on "foul play" either, that doesn't let you off the hook for your so-called "comment".

You were backtracking, and again you are not entitled to speculate about the circumstances of the man's death.

dubdamo wrote: »
    Really classy post, speculating about a mans death like that, really classy.

I refer you to the other quoted post. Also speculation no?

• Advertisement

The other poster should not be speculating on "foul play" either, that doesn't let you off the hook for your so-called "comment".

You were backtracking, and again you are not entitled to speculate about the circumstances of the man's death.

I'm not trying to get off the hook, I found it interesting how you picked the Rangers fans post and not the other one to make a few digs at.

I am not backtracking, I am sticking by my post, for the third time, I am entitled to an opinion, if you don't like it, ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

How much do you wanna bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I am not backtracking, I am sticking by my post, for the third time, I am entitled to an opinion, if you don't like it, ignore it.

What are you basing your opinion on?

What are you basing your opinion on?

Speculation, basically.

Speculation, basically.

So you are "sticking" by your original highly dubious post which was made on the basis of pure speculation? Shut up will ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Speculation, basically.

of course everything is speculation at this stage, is there a reason to believe drugs are involved i.e was he rumored to have a drug problem or have you actually pulled this opinion out of your arse.

If you just pulled the idea out of your arse then you are a sick bastard out to blacken a mans name because he professionally represented Celtic.

Edit: I'd expect a comment like that from the sort of animals who support the mail bombs directed at Mc Bride last year.

• Advertisement

So you are "sticking" by your original highly dubious post which was made on the basis of pure speculation? Shut up will ya.
    bobmalooka wrote: »
    of course everything is speculation at this stage, is there a reason to believe drugs are involved i.e was he rumored to have a drug problem or have you actually pulled this opinion out of your arse.

If you just pulled the idea out of your arse then you are a sick bastard out to blacken a mans name because he professionally represented Celtic.

I'm basing my opinion on stuff that has been said to me previous to today, from people I fully trust not to make stuff up, but it is something that you would call speculation I guess.

I'm not blackening anyone's name because he represented Celtic at all, I couldn't give a flying **** who he represented. I didn't like the man at all but I wouldn't wish death on anyone.

Edit: I never supported any mail bombs.

I'm basing my opinion on stuff that has been said to me previous to today, from people I fully trust not to make stuff up, but it is something that you would call speculation I guess.

I'm not blackening anyone's name because he represented Celtic at all, I couldn't give a flying **** who he represented. I didn't like the man at all but I wouldn't wish death on anyone.

so was it rumored he had a drug problem?

did you dislike him?

How much did you say you want to bet?

did you dislike him?

It says I didn't like him?

How much did you say you want to bet?

It says I would bet, not that I wanted to make the bet. Unfortunately as a student I'm as close to liquidation as Rangers at the minute! :p

• Advertisement

did you dislike him?
    It says I didn't like him?

Please answer my first question, you dont want to act like your buddies keith and jelle now do you.

Please answer my first question, you dont want to act like your buddies keith and jelle now do you.

Sorry my mistake I didn't even notice that part. Yes, I've heard many rumours he had a drug problem.

Sorry my mistake I didn't even notice that part. Yes, I've heard many rumours he had a drug problem.

fair enough that explains your opinion, im sure you understand why expressing that opinion with absolutely no reason as to how you formed it looks bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There's rumours and speculation on one side, but apparently, they carry out an autopsy. Usually, that's not done, if there weren't any suspicions, I suppose

fair enough that explains your opinion, im sure you understand why expressing that opinion with absolutely no reason as to how you formed it looks bad.

Fair enough, I suppose that is my fault, I suppose I expected people to realise I don't just make up opinions like some people do (why I expected that I don't know).

There's rumours and speculation on one side, but apparently, they carry out an autopsy. Usually, that's not done, if there weren't any suspicions, I suppose

Any unexpected sudden death like that will have an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Fair enough, I suppose that is my fault, I suppose I expected people to realise I don't just make up opinions like some people do (why I expected that I don't know).

I think everyones on edge after the sick comments posted about child abuse and ice cream last week.

Because its my opinion, I wouldn't wish death on my worst enemy, but I'm entitled to have an opinion.

but an opinion based on what? have you heard something or know something we don't?

but an opinion based on what? have you heard something or know something we don't?

Yes as I explained mate.

Yes as I explained mate.

ya just read it now, fair enough

• Advertisement

He is basing his comment on idle speculation, which is poor form. He doesn't know anymore than the rest of us, that is the only thing we can be certain of.

He is basing his comment on idle speculation, which is poor form. He doesn't know anymore than the rest of us, that is the only thing we can be certain of.

And I never once claimed to know more than anyone, stop being a petulant child ffs.

And I never once claimed to know more than anyone, stop being a petulant child ffs.

Well then shut up with your idle speculation and have a bit of respect.

Well then shut up with your idle speculation and have a bit of respect.

You're the one that needs to learn to respect people's right to an opinion, so no I won't shut up.

Someone else claimed it was foul play, you haven't attacked his character or moaned at him for being disrespectful. But then again, he's a fellow celtic fan.

I've explained my opinion, and its not going to change because you don't like it. I'm out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

You're the one that needs to learn to respect people's right to an opinion.

I've explained my opinion, and its not going to change because you don't like it. I'm out.

You're entitled to your opinion, that's not the issue. There's a time and place for everything though, and your timing on this was more what I'd have expected from some others rather than yourself tbh.

PauloMN wrote: »
    You're entitled to your opinion, that's not the issue. There's a time and place for everything though, and your timing on this was more what I'd have expected from some others rather than yourself tbh.

Someone suggested foul play, I suggested drugs, I might well be wrong, but I'm not taking it back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Someone suggested foul play, I suggested drugs, I might well be wrong, but I'm not taking it back.

I don't expect you too. Like I say, timing is more the issue I think. The man is not dead a day and you come in with "bet it's an overdose" comments.

True or not true, founded or unfounded, I just think it's grossly disrespectful.

You're the one that needs to learn to respect people's right to an opinion, so no I won't shut up.

Your "opinion" is based entirely on idle speculation and is clearly driven by your admission that "you didn't like the man" as you have said. Your "opinion" on this matter such as it is does not deserve respect.

A man has died and you are engaging in idle speculation. If "you didn't like him" as you say for whatever reason, then you should have the basic manners to say nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

What makes you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Feck off

What makes you think that?

As I said, things I've heard in the past from people I know wouldn't make it up, about his habits, thats all.

Feck off

em, no.

Feck off

em, no.
    What drugs was he involved with?

As I said, things I've heard in the past from people I know wouldn't make it up, about his habits, thats all.

Yeah but who's to say that you aren't making it up. Can't believe you are still here digging this hole, get lost liar.

What drugs was he involved with?

Allegedly, quite the cocaine habit.
    Yeah but I'd say that you are making it up. Can't believe you are still here digging this hole, get lost liar.

I'm not digging any hole, you're the only person that hasn't moved on. Your petty wee liar comments are really making you look good.

• Advertisement

Allegedly, quite the cocaine habit.

I'm not digging any hole, you're the only person that hasn't moved on. Your petty wee liar comments are really making you look good.

You are digging a hole. You're just throwing out comments around the place with no evidence at all to back up what you are saying.

In my experience someone who doesn't have the decorum to show a bit of respect to those who have recently passed away, is probably a weak individual most likely with personal issues. Such an individual would be prone to lieing/making up stuff as well.

You are digging a hole. You're just throwing out comments around the place with no evidence at all to back up what you are saying.

In my experience someone who doesn't have the decorum to show a bit of respect to those who have recently passed away, is probably a weak individual most likely with personal issues. Such an individual would be prone to lieing/making up stuff as well.

I have no personal issues thanks, and I don't make stuff up. Maybe you have personal issues, seeing as you're making it up as some fact that i'm telling lies...

I have no personal issues thanks, and I don't make stuff up. Maybe you have personal issues, seeing as you're making it up as some fact that i'm telling lies...

Seeing as you can't back up what you are saying, I'm taking the view that you are making it up.

One thing is for certain, your comments are ill timed and bad form, and if you had any respect you would desist from making them. Do yourself a favour and stop digging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Real classy, the guys barely dead and you are calling him a junkie

Seeing as you can't back up what you are saying, I'm taking the view that you are making it up.

What do you want me to do, get the people who have told me to register on here just to back me up?

I think we've gone as far as we're going to go with this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement