Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walter o'brien Callan

Options
  • 24-10-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Walter is reported to be on the late late show tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

More like Walter Mitty. Pity RTE didn't do their research.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Walter is reported to be on the late late show tonight

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there anything available that properly rebukes the negative stories that make him sound like a Walter Mitty type? It'd be nice if his story rang true but it all seems very far fetched and lies built on half truths.

I started rooting around after he was on the radio in the week the first episode of Scorpion aired and the stories all seem to fall apart.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140924/14422128627/another-story-fake-brilliant-inventor-is-scorpion-walter-obrien-real-computer-security-genius.shtml

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141004/07211128727/mythical-almost-certainly-made-up-legend-walter-obrien-continues-to-grow.shtml

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141018/06582528871/scorpion-walter-obrien-finally-sorta-barely-responds-to-inconsistencies-his-many-claims.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well none of those articles paint Walter as anything but a fantasist, or worse a fraudster.

Foxxy must be crying his eyes out over his hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Oh ye of so little faith, our local boy has made it good in the states, and all ye can do is doubt this and doubt that, instead of being proud that Walter went to school in Callan and then Kilkenny.
    Wait until you are all satisfied he is what he is, then put up a statue, one thing you cannot argue is that he is not fleecing you like some others who shall not be named.
    Long live Walter O;Brien, think positive.

Laughing Foxy

Well, doubting thomases, hopefully you have given some thought to what you wrote about our Walter, it is a great shame you cannot put something in writing showing how proud we are of him.
    No unfortunately I have never met Walter, if I do I would shake his hand and wish him the best of luck.
    For once be proud of someone who has achieved, leave the negative thoughts behind.
    Walter you are a champion.
    Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Why would we build a statue to this man? I don't get your line of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

I'm not following either. What has he achieved other than fabricating a fantastical fictional life and managed to convince CBS of its authenticity? I certainly wouldn't be proud of that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Err, I thought we already established he actually went to school in keirans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Threadhead wrote: »
    Why would we build a statue to this man? I don't get your line of thinking.

There's a line of thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Oh ye of so little faith, our local boy has made it good in the states, and all ye can do is doubt this and doubt that, instead of being proud that Walter went to school in Callan and then Kilkenny.
    Wait until you are all satisfied he is what he is, then put up a statue, one thing you cannot argue is that he is not fleecing you like some others who shall not be named.
    Long live Walter O;Brien, think positive.

Laughing Foxy
    Well, doubting thomases, hopefully you have given some thought to what you wrote about our Walter, it is a great shame you cannot put something in writing showing how proud we are of him.
    No unfortunately I have never met Walter, if I do I would shake his hand and wish him the best of luck.
    For once be proud of someone who has achieved, leave the negative thoughts behind.
    Walter you are a champion.
    Foxy

What occurred in the hour and 12 minutes between your posts that should make us think?

If you've any rebuke for the linked articles then by all means, post them.

Incidentally, none of us on here wrote the articles so you may wish to direct your thoughts to the website that did.
    Maybe tweet this guy if your that way inclined (for those not used to twitter, you read from the bottom up :-) ) https://twitter.com/AsherLangton/timelines/514456527118143488

I understand where you are coming from, that is nice, and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, good luck, Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Foxy, Walter didn,t mention callan once on the LLS. Sorry but it appears he isn't too proud of his links. His fudging of his leaving resullts was interesting. He didn't do well at all. In fact i got more points and i did s"?te. He didn't even do well in maths so i don't understand how someone with an iq of 197 couldn't get at least an a or a b in his leaviing. He,s a harmless guy who's got a gift for talk and the Americans like that from a paddy but hes no more in afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Initially I was thinking fair play to him on doing so well, now I sort of feel sorry for the guy, he has been exposed as a fraud, I wonder what truth if any is there in any interview he has given or what has been written about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SDwTxqhSmI

He was on KCLR there a while ago, more Kilkenny focused interview obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Jesus they really picked him apart in that AMA on Reddit!

It's almost like the lies are easily researchable and they called him on it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Scorpion tv show starts this Thursday on RTE2 at 8.05pm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

LadyBetty wrote: »
    Scorpion tv show starts this Thursday on RTE2 at 8.05pm.

Brilliant,
    Nice to know my license fee is being spent so wisely. I'd actually prefer if it was spent buying another pair of cufflinks for Gay Byrne to celebrate his 20th time retiring from RTE.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

General consensus on the television forum is its an entertaining, if very silly series.

Advertisement