Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet €159.99 Argos

Options
  • 16-10-2014 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Spotted this deal over on HUKD for £119.99, Link it has gotten very hot, 646 currently. Decent exchange rate.

Plenty of stock around Argos Stock Checker

Argos Link

Also i think there is a free €10 Gift Voucher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

got this yesterday, absolute bargain!

updatable to kit kat 4.4.2

Great sound, nice design with stand etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Is the spec any good?
    The case they are offering is a tad expensive though. Far cheaper on fleabay.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Alonso77 wrote: »

Hey, ordered my but yet to collect. Did you get the case for it? Just wondering if it's worth getting?

It's cheap with Argos than on eBay or Amazon, with the 1/3 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

The tablet price is very good in argos. Matches refurbished prices on ebay.
    The cases are about a tenner on ebay and the bluetooth case is under €30 on ebay too so shop around eh?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Picked one up for my mom who had a lot of trouble with a Galazy Tab 3 7" - so far it's head and shoulders above that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

I see there's a good offer for anti virus with it.

Is anti virus really needed on a tablet

jmch81 wrote: »
    Hey, ordered my but yet to collect. Did you get the case for it? Just wondering if it's worth getting?

It's cheap with Argos than on eBay or Amazon, with the 1/3 off.

Didnt get the case, already had a decent one for about a tenner on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Padded neopren Cases in the 2 euro shop

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

How did you update to 4.4.2? Picked one up today but it won't update beyond 4.2.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Does it go to Android L? I think the announcement of the new Yoga is likely the cause of the price cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Deub

Apparently if you upgrade to kit Kat 4.4.2, you won't be able to save apps on the micro SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

adam88 wrote: »
    I see there's a good offer for anti virus with it.

Is anti virus really needed on a tablet

No need whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Seems like a good tablet based on specs but I've no experience with Lenovo products so I'm not really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

eoin1539 wrote: »
    Seems like a good tablet based on specs but I've no experience with Lenovo products so I'm not really sure.

Lenovo X & T series laptops are some of the best. Don't let the brand put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

T-K-O wrote: »
    Lenovo X & T series laptops are some of the best. Don't let the brand put you off.

Ah ok, well I've never had any Lenovo products in the past so I couldn't tell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Thanks for this! Just wondering, what are the speakers like?
    Thinking of selling my Galaxy tab 2 10.1 & getting this instead... not very happy with the tab anymore!

How did you update to 4.4.2? Picked one up today but it won't update beyond 4.2.2.

I just kept checking in system settings and automatically around four consecutive updates were available

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭shovel

I just kept checking in system settings and automatically around four consecutive updates were available

It was said earlier in the thread that if you applied the updates, that you could not store apps on the micro SD card.
    Can you confirm this please

shovel wrote: »
    It was said earlier in the thread that if you applied the updates, that you could not store apps on the micro SD card.
    Can you confirm this please

I think that is the case for all Kit Kat android devices, not an issue for me but might be something to think about for some alright

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭shovel

I think that is the case for all Kit Kat android devices, not an issue for me but might be something to think about for some alright

thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Just wanted to thank the OP MASSIVELY!! I sold my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 & got one of these & it is BRILLIANT!! Can't fault it in any way whatsoever. .. screen isn't quite as sharp as the Tab but it makes up for it in every other way possible!
    Fast, responsive & great with multi-tasking... The sound is awesome & not to mention the genius multi - angle stand & the price!!
    I love it! ! Thank you so much for posting this bargain!! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

These look great but much cheaper again in US. Heading over there soon. I assume they charge using mini USB with no power adaptor needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Really? Where are they "much" cheaper in the US?
    MICKEYG wrote: »
    These look great but much cheaper again in US. Heading over there soon. I assume they charge using mini USB with no power adaptor needed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Does anyone know if this offer is still on? Might pick one up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

It is still on their website and showing plenty of stock, so you could always pay and collect at the OP price.
    Daisies wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

Daisies wrote: »

i picked one up in argos in stephen's green yesterday. lovely little tablet, gotta agree with whoever posted it earlier, the stand is a fantastic addition. haven't had much time to play around too much with it, but so far i've not been disappointed :) thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Really? Where are they "much" cheaper in the US?

Sorry, got my sums wrong on Amazon. Was looking at the 10" anyway.
    The 8" is now €159.99 on Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Notch000 wrote: »
    Padded neopren Cases in the 2 euro shop

Are these any good for this tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Has anyone had any issues with the upgrade to KitKat? There are some issues documented on Lenovo's forums, but I can't decide if everyone is having those issues or just a handful of people (problems with streaming music/video, crashing Google Maps).

It works really well out of the box but the temptation to upgrade is there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Trying to decide between this and the hudl 2. Any views on which one to go for?

Advertisement