Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uprating Fiat Ducato

Options
  • 13-10-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi just asking if anyone has uprated the pay load of their van or know whats involved.I know Svtech do something in England but whats the situation in Ireland.
    4 years ago bought '08 Ducato in the north brought it home and discovered it was a 3300kg van and not 3500kg. I converted it anyway thinking it would not be a problem but I'm now very close to 3300kg and I was wondering whats involved in uprating it to 3500kg.The van has Dunlop air bags under the back and its fitted with 16" wheels(rated at 1250kg) and Hankook Vanco tyres but no paperwork following these mods.
    Anyway if someone has done this I would like to hear from you.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

defike wrote: »
    Hi just asking if anyone has uprated the pay load of their van or know whats involved.I know Svtech do something in England but whats the situation in Ireland.
    4 years ago bought '08 Ducato in the north brought it home and discovered it was a 3300kg van and not 3500kg. I converted it anyway thinking it would not be a problem but I'm now very close to 3300kg and I was wondering whats involved in uprating it to 3500kg.The van has Dunlop air bags under the back and its fitted with 16" wheels(rated at 1250kg) and Hankook Vanco tyres but no paperwork following these mods.
    Anyway if someone has done this I would like to hear from you.
    Thanks.

Are you sure thats the weight or are you estimating id have to make everything from 20mm hardwood to get that kind of weight into a van conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Just done the DOE and both axels added together comes to 3200kg.I added a lot of steel to take a scooter inside the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Have you a C license?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I have an artic licence but I won't need it at 3.5 ton.

Advertisement