Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minecraft xbox one and ps4

Options
  • 20-08-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads any idea when minecraft is releasing for next gen consoles? I had it on the 360 and loved it so cannot wait. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Supposed to be out this month, August - seems delayed to September:

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Supposed to be out this month, August - seems delayed to September:

LINK

Cheers looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

@4jstudios just tweeted that they have sent it on to Sony again for a second time are hoping to pass it on to Microsoft for validation by the end of the week.

I don't know how long the validation process takes but hopefully it'll be out by some time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pokeraladin

Heard it will be in xbox store for download Friday. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PS4 version is there right now. It costs €3.99 to upgrade, but Sony will insist you fund your PSN wallet with a minimum of €5.

You won't find it by searching via the alphabetical search (at least I didn't). If you go to games on the left, it's in there almost near the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

link missing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I read somewhere this morning that if you own Minecraft on the 360 that you can pay €5 for it on an XBone and that all your previously purchased DLC will eventually transfer if it isn't already good to go. Seems pretty reasonable I think.

miece16 wrote: »
    link missing

Was a link to Minecraft on the Xbox Store....priced at €200! Clearly a mistake but gave me a chuckle!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bit miffed as i had this on Xbox 360 and not on PS3 and soley on PS4 now so wont be able to avail of upgrade:(

Love Minecraft though so ill be picking it up anyway

• Advertisement

Got to play a few minutes before work this morning, first obvious change, the maps are HUGE! Also even in all its pixelated glory everything does look a little sharper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What biomes do the console versions have? How many people can you have on a map at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chuds21

Which is the better console to buy?! Xbox one or ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

chuds21 wrote: »
    Which is the better console to buy?! Xbox one or ps4?

I heard the raspberry pi is good:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's the Playstation - there're are several reasons it's outselling the XBone, mostly it's because Sony's Sales & Marketing BS is more palatable than MS's :D

However, for Minecraft, if you already have it on the 360, you can upgrade to the XBone version for $5 I think.

But, for the €400 asking price of either console, you could buy a computer that could run it (not terribly well, but since you need a computer anywy, take another €300 that you'd spend on it and build something capible of more than any console).</MasterRacePropaganda>

Advertisement