Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Studies

Options
  • 23-08-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    I need help - i am wondering about doing the Nursing Studies course, what jobs are out of that course i know you can gain access to third level to do nursing but if you dont go down that route what jobs are there!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scoobydave

mistee wrote: »
    Hi
    I need help - i am wondering about doing the Nursing Studies course, what jobs are out of that course i know you can gain access to third level to do nursing but if you dont go down that route what jobs are there!!

there is so may jobs available after doing the course e.g. healthcare,special needs assistant

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistee

scoobydave wrote: »
    there is so may jobs available after doing the course e.g. healthcare,special needs assistant

Hi thank you for the reply. I completed the healthcare fetac5 and now I am completing my third year of my degree in social studies. I am woking in the area of children disability

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Hi

You might be better off looking at specific courses in Healthcare Support or Special Needs Assistant. The Nursing Studies course focuses very much on nursing itself, and is really a preparation for third level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EmmaMcH

Hi

There are so many possibilities once you complete this course! I am half way through the course and it is great! its challenging but once you put your head down it is easy to get through it :) You could go on and work as a care assistant in a nursing home, or work as a special needs assistant, or you could choose to do some more college time and go into the social studies side of nursing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 s.creamer

On completion of QQI Level 5 Nursing studies you would be qualified to work as a healthcare assistant/home help, personal assistant or social care worker or you can go further into General Nursing etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement