Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick company with the worst reputation

Options
  • 11-04-2006 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all,

not sure if this goes with the rules on the board because this will become lika a name-and shame thread...

Well, what's your company with the worst reputation here in Limerick? I'm not sure if I should decide between DeLL or Mr.Binman.

DeLL - because I was working for exactly 3 days in DeLL HeLL and ghave seen enough. How can people work there for years???
    Mr.Binman - because of their overcharged prices for their service

IB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Define a company with the worst reputation, locally, nationally, internationally? Worst reputation for what? Service, to work for, sales......
    I dont think you can class Dell and Mr Binman in the same league.
    One is local the other is a multinational.
    There is nothing wrong in working for Dell or indeed Dell itself.
    Without it Limerick would be nothing.
    Do you realise how many people work there and how much spin off employment it provides Limerick and indeed Ireland with.......

Just because you found it tough for three days does not mean it has a bad rep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Lets be honest a name and shame thread for binman could go on forever.

As for DELL its the same thing.

If I were thinking I would go with a few of the taxi firms and the it's "be there in a few minutes" quote when in fact your in caherdavin and the cab has just left the quays in Dublin

Well of course if you dont like cabs I hear there is a bus service but haven't seen it since i was a child

Peckerhead Damn had forgotten bout Chorus since I switched to sky good one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I vote for Chorus (aka Horizon, Westward Multichannel, Irish Multichannel, etc., etc...). :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Mr. Binman, run by a ganster... poor service, with over the top charges!!!
    Dell is great, it hasnt got a bad rep really?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

peckerhead wrote:
    I vote for Chorus (aka Horizon, Westward Multichannel, Irish Multichannel, etc., etc...). :mad:

couldnt agree more
    company are a farce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't mention the names of any people. If anyone does, I'll lock this thread soooo fast.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Inge Binge wrote:
    Hi all,

not sure if this goes with the rules on the board because this will become lika a name-and shame thread...

Well, what's your company with the worst reputation here in Limerick? I'm not sure if I should decide between DeLL or Mr.Binman.

DeLL - because I was working for exactly 3 days in DeLL HeLL and ghave seen enough. How can people work there for years???
    Mr.Binman - because of their overcharged prices for their service

IB

Being working in Dell IT Dep for 9 years now and from my experience there are alot worse places to work. Try working for McDonald's, Dunnes Stores or as a gofer on a building site.

If Dell decided to pull out of Ireland tomorrow Munster would be one big employment black hole. The amount of people directly or indirectly dependant on Dell in the Munster region is frightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Customer wise Chorus and Mr Binman have to be worst, they are both dismal. And anybody who has had the misfortune of having to go into the Mr Binman office in Johns Square will know how 'happy and chirpy' their staff are! Also Eircom, but that's a nationwide thing not just Limerick

As for employment wise, there are a few shops around who treat their staff like sh1t, I won't name them but take a look in the employment sections of the local papers every weekend and you will see the same ones always advertising for staff, because nobody will work for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jc101

As is the case within a certain multinational manufacturing facility out Castletroy direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Compared to LWR the customer service at Mr. Binman is wonderful, at least they answer their phones. I was without a bin service last summer because LWR couldn't be bothered to collect it and I ended up having to call to their office because no one answered the phone. At this stage the last thing i'm going to complain about is the cost when I have a reliable service and no maggots in my house.
    I did alot of work in Dell but not for them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as an employer. This was in the offices and not on the lines. I worked on the lines in AST and the line leaders all seem to be mini hitlers no matter where you go.
    Is this thread about crap companies to work for or to deal with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement