Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden State

Options
  • 07-11-2004 2:08pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I managed to see a it a while back and I have to say I really liked the film, for those that don't know what Garden State is,

From IMDB:
    Andrew Largeman is a depressed, out of work actor eking out his existence in Los Angeles. But a fateful call from his father has Andrew heading back to his home state of New Jersey. As he's about to confront his the personal demons in his life, Andrew just may find that life is worth living. But only when he can deal with the conflicts that arise from he and those around him.

Its written, directed and the main character is Zach Braff (JD in Scrubs for nobody that actually knows who he is), it also stars Natalie Portman.

Very uplifting film with a excellent soundtrack imho
    All in all I think Zach did a excellent job.

Just don't expect a action movie ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

yea i heard about this film, it looks great, im a big fan of zach braff...where did you see it? do you know is it coming out here in the cinema r vid???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The film itself doesn't really have a story, it's just this guys life for 100 minutes, it doesn't really go anywhere. Still, I thought it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It's not the classic that the mongs on IMDB are making it out to be, but it's still hugely watchable.

Kinda reminded me of "Beautiful Girls" which, oddly enough, also featured Natalie Portman as a strange, small-town girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i havent seen it, but i desparately want to.
    afaik its being theatrically released here later this month. while the r1 dvd is being released on december 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, this was one of the films i was most looking forward to seeing this year!

And it did not disappoint at all!

Zach Braff's writing is nothing short of brillant! Full of witty dialogue and characters that i think everyone can identify with.

While it's not the life-changing film a lot of the IMDBer's make it out to be, it certainly is an excellent film and one that could definantly warrant repeated viewings.

Rating: ***** / *****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

id recommend checkin out the soundtrack..

apart from 2 dud tracks the rest r pretty gud
    especially the shins

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loretta. wrote:

especially the shins
    Yeah, soundtrack is very very good!

Only track i don't like is Bonnie Somerville's "Winding Road".. everything else on it is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Ya its a good film alright. Some very witty dialogue but its also a good drama too. Downside is that it feels like a music video director directed it at times (adding in 'cool' effects like when hes sitting still and every one is moving fast around him). All in all its worth a watch though. 3/5

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Loretta. wrote:

especially the shins

Agreed, I like New Slang, incidently its also on the
    Scrubs Soundtrack
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I saw it a few weeks back and I thought it was one of the best films I've seen this year, admittadly(sic) there haven't been too many really great films this year but I really liked it.

5/5 (Comes third to Eternal Sunshine... and I <heart> Huckabees of the films I've seen this year)

• Advertisement
Advertisement