Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loads of New Wonka Pics..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

syke wrote:
    I wouldn't hold out to much fear of that, apparently the scriptwriter for Burtons version had never even seen the 1971 version before writing the script. After finishing the screenplay, he finally watched the 1971 version, only to be surprised at how much darker it was than the one he wrote.

Cheers for that - nice little tidbit there!

Heh.... can't imagine a Burton film that's not particularly dark in some way (apart from possibly 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure')?

But can we really believe this man hasn't seen the original version.. i think everyone's seen it! :rolleyes: It's hard to avoid it each Christmas..! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

I suppose it different when you don't see the film when it came out, in 1971 but to me the film is very scary, not dark scary just trippy, Gene Wilder looked on edge, like he could give you some chocolate or throw you in a dicer especially in the scene at the end of moive in his office *remembers wierd scultpures and walls*

he was also very brash which I gues is hinted in the poster

the oompa loompa don't look freaky enough either, is there no enough ORANGE green haired dwarves around these days?
    http://www.maccabiajaxcc.com/cricket/pictures/pipersberg/oompadala.jpg

I hope they don't mess with the song :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the "guy" in the blue is actually violet beauregard, hence the bubble gum. i wouldn't be too worried about the pics, all they are is advance teaser deelies shot against a white background, no-one knows how all the characters will look on screen

*edit*oh btw TNBC is available in virgin's "4 for €40" dealio

Advertisement