Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone, How to prevent other sharing wireless ?

Options
  • 23-08-2015 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

Please how do i stop others using my wireless connection? I'm currently using HG658C. I've logged in my router panel but don't know what to click to stop this. What are the steps? Pls help....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Set a strong password for your wireless connection. Use a phrase it is easier for you to remember and harder to crack particularly if you use proper punctuation. i.e. correct capitalisation and use of commas and full stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What makes you think other people are using your wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

dub45 wrote: »
    What makes you think other people are using your wifi?

Caught two of them in person when they were tapping my wifi code under the modem by the door, and one tried to defend himself saying one other neighbour alert them and later pleaded, but got to know they never stop using it, and as a new customer i think i should put a stop as i have no idea how it goes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Well as suggested above change the password as per the manual linked to above - its on page 10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement