Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently banned from After Hours!

Options
  • 28-11-2015 8:02pm

No biggy, but a poster referred to his "considerable criminal record" on a thread and then started getting a bit personal. In fairness to him, it wasn't the most outrageous abuse or anything, and I merely said I was amused at personal jibe from someone with a considerable criminal record.

It can hardly be personal abuse to invoke something a poster has spoken about, surely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

As per the first step in the DRP process - please PM the mod & attempt to resolve it directly with them. If that can't be achieved - post back here & I will look into this for you.

tHB

Ticked that box.

Did you receive a reply from the mod? Or did you just 'tick the box' by firing off a PM at 7pm on a Saturday evening then starting this thread?

It isn't just a box to be ticked. You need to work with me on this if you want the process to work.

PMed him, then posted here.

He was last active on this site at 11 last night, so guess he's not gonna be drawn on an answer.

In fairness, there's not much to be said. He just got it completely wrong. I can see why, he jumped in and assumed that in referring to a posters criminal record I was flinging out abuse, when in fact that poster had announced his record in post after post and I was in receipt of abuse. Perhaps I should have used the quote function or inverted commas to spell it out to the mod.

Incidentally, thanks for replying.

The whole idea of PMing the mod is to try & resolve the issues yourselves. If that's not possible then you start an appeal here. You are here long enough to know that.

No point in wasting any more time on this. I uphold the one day ban. You continually 'played the man instead of the ball' in that thread. It was unwarranted, uncivil & dragging the thread off-topic.

When your ban is up - do not post in that thread again.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement