Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stevens is red hot! Excellent stuff. 5-5.
    Such is the margins of the game, Ronnie was on an excellent break, but was unlucky on a cannon to split reds. After an excellent safety exchange, Ronnie had a shot to nothing on a red, missed it, Stevens had the slightest tinge of a gap between blue and baulk to pot that red and he made it, went on to clinch frame. Fantastic stuff so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Brilliant snooker

Did you hear Thorne "Chooses to go for the yellow" before he realised he needed it!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

and ahead he goes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

6-5 Ronnie, this is fantastic snooker, great safety, great potting.

O'Sullivan takes the next frame but Stevens was giving him a real scare of another steal there. Fabulous game so far. Stevens is cutting in some beautiful pots and in all honesty was unlucky not to steal it. Then again Ronnie was unlucky not to win it in a single visit got a horrible kick that pulled him of position, managed to keep his break going for a while but couldn't quite recover the cueball position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Not a regular poster here but a lot of websites are blocked where I work so I have a favour to ask.

I backed Matthew Stevens outright at 22/1 when he was 5-3 down to Barry Hawkins and again at 18/1 when he went 6-5 up. Just wondering what price he is now and what price the others are?

Went rugby training last night and never laid this off. If I had been watching Ronnie win the first 4 I would have been sick but now I can dare to dream.

Come on Matthew!

147 on here. :D
    (one shot in though.)

Edit : Yeah, yeah that was premature, pfft. Whatever!

A sublime ton from O'Sullivan and it's 7-5 at the interval and what a fantastic first four frames. Both players cueing very well.

Stevens left O'Sullivan with an easy opportunity (didn't even get to see how it arised was getting water.) and just like that O'Sullivan breaks with a century.
    Super game so far, thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Watched the last frame there. I got a little nervous when Ronnie broke the pack up like that. I thought there was a chance of a 147. Got way ahead of myself though.

He is a joy to watch when he plays like that. I feel privileged to have seen him play live (only the once though) and I even shook his hand. Unfortunately he didn't pass any of his talent to me. I'm still shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Ronnie beginning get a hold of the match again, 8-5 and you feel he could win the next 3 very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Oh dear, Dennis... :D

EDIT: Ah, he's realised his mistake.

91+7 = 98? ? ?:confused::confused:

Or did I miss something.
    Stevens, badly needs this one. He's not playing badly either, but he did leave O'Sullivan with a sniff that last frame and got punished accordingly.

Jernal wrote: »
    91+7 = 98? ? ?:confused::confused:

Or did I miss something.

Well, DT said that Ronnie was on course for a century when he was on 63 with 35 remaining... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Somebody give the table a bang there...

9-5 and O'Sullivan is playing majestic, Stevens needs to get a frame quickly or it's going to be 11-5 going into tomorrow.

Again such fine margins. Stevens four frames behind all because he missed a swerve shot on a ball on the edge of a pocket by a strand a hair. O'Sullivan is in full flow,Stevens needs to break that flow and badly needs to win this next frame.

Stevens needs a decent chance to get some control over proceedings. It's all Ronnie atm.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Somebody give the table a bang there...

On the really fine lead tables it would require quite a close or forceful thump to nudge the balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Stevens has to win these last two frames or its all over.

He has'nt potted a ball for 45 mins.....:eek:

O'Sullivan is like a machine gun.

Stevens pots his first ball for 49 mins. Got a chance here and he badly needs it to take. It's not easy though.

A scrap over the yellow... important one for Stevens.

Jaysus

And the Beeb's coverage makes way for David Dimbleby and the thrashing of the Conservatives and Lib Dems... :rolleyes:

Good thing for Eurosport. ;)

Looks very much like it's gonna be five in a row for the Rocket... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Very hard snooker on the pink there. Good effort by Matthew, but Ronnie clinches another frame. Hendry's suggestion was brilliant. I doubt it even crossed Matthew's mind though. Love having Hendry in commentary.

Hopefully Stevens can win this one.

Denis Taylor is talking some s**t today, he's getting a right slagging off in the press room !!

11-5 overnight and Stevens has a mountain to climb. They are back on at 10am and Stevens realistically needs 3 out of the first four frames to stand a chance.
    O'Sullivan is playing flawless snooker and the world crown is surely his.

• Advertisement

plyd Rocket.

Advertisement