Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Very clean looking Legend that. Absolute cvnt on petrol though! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Very clean looking Legend that. Absolute cvnt on petrol though! :eek:

Cheers. Its seriously clean for a car not far off 300,000 kms. Its not too bad on fuel if you take it easy, although I'll probably eat my words come January when it becomes my daily driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Cheers. Its seriously clean for a car not far off 300,000 kms. Its not too bad on fuel if you take it easy, although I'll probably eat my words come January when it becomes my daily driver.

They're an absolute cvnt on fuel on the motorway, never mind urban driving. I had a loan of a '99 one for a weekend to go down the country in shortly after I sold my 735. Used 25% more fuel on the exact same trip than the V8! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

3 speed auto a la micra ? :p

Whirrrrrrrrrr

WHIIIIIIRRRRRR

whirrrrr :p

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

20131005_131003_zps3e34ed8f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice coupe. Might I suggest a Japanese size plate for the front instead of square. It'd be slightly wider and slightly shorter than what you have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

It is something i have to look into when i get a moment off work. to be fair im shock the garda haven't pulled me for having a bike plate

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That Legend looks spotless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Cheers.

It's pretty much as new tbh. I'll make sure its well preserved too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Here's mine at the minute

1374300_10151732013022825_391706548_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

:eek: what happened?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

:eek: what happened?!

It met Dgt's consaw! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

God what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Scortho wrote: »
    It met Dgt's consaw! :pac:

Ohhhhh dear :o

Bit of a smash in turn one. Met a car coming towards me :o

Have video

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That's not gone well...

I also had another car spinning to my left and coming towards me

For the impact that I saw there Gary the integra took it well!

That was quite a shunt :eek:

Just unlucky you didn't cop him, looked like a mix of the A pillar in the way and trying to see what the corolla was at.

I'm sure she'll be right as rain dead quick :)

I had a civic spinning to my left. The driver of the yellow car then drove across the track after he spun. I was completely boxed in

Jesus thats an awful position to be in. I have to say though the car took that scale of an impact really well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

So back from my 680km trip, picked up a 2004 Subaru Outback (Scooby #2 for me, this is the 2005+ model outside Japan) powered by the 3.0litre flat 6 (EZ30). Got it very cheap (NZ $6000) as it has lots of mileage (at least by NZ standards, at 268k KM) and some paintwork scraps (though it is an Outback, thats the point). Also the drop links or front bushings are noisy. And the display is in Japanese. Car will do me for a few months till I get setup here.

There is no motor tax here and (optional) Comp insurance was NZ $503.

20131015_153916_zpsa7be6673.jpg20131015_153936_zps63da1559.jpg20131015_161502_zpsbaa5178e.jpg20131015_175600_zps0754369f.jpg
    20131015_165555_zps439810d4.jpg

Its 250bhp, tiptronic, naturally aspirated and got a decent 12.1KM/Litre (which is 8.2L/100km or 34.1mpg). Very smooth, nice sound, fast when punched.

Its got:
    Full electric windows and seats, A/C, electric folding mirrors, cream leather interior, full display and sat nav (in Japanese..), boot mat, boot cover, 6CD Slot loader and MiniDisc player(!).

Going to fix the drop links and get a set of Rota Grids plus decent tyres (4 Triangles on it right now!).

Nice looking machine :)

Rota Grids would look sweet as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well wear with the new steed. Oh and you got better roads to drive on :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

And the scenery is probably the best in the world!

Pic 4 is ripe country for a 2 stroke :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

YbFocus wrote: »
    Pic 4 is ripe country for a 2 stroke :cool:

When moving I was concerned that their highways are only 100kph. Upon getting here I found that:

- People do 120ish anyhow
    - There is stuff along the road so you feel like you are driving much faster
    - And the best bit? Thats SH1 (main route from Auckland to Wellington if you go across the middle as opposed coastal) "100kph" up the side of a mountain, through a Stevio Pass series of bends (about 20km of it), through the "Thermal Explorer" road (thermal steam coming out of the ground all over the place), across bridge after bridge over rivers and gorges. Through the forested areas. Then through the winding and wavy swamp area. Finally down to the run to Wellington which before you get to the harbour is flat like Holland. Then eventually you come up to the capital, with glittering night lights dotted all along the mountain side down to the sea.

Its all SH1 and its like a rollercoaster.

That sounds absolutely amazing man, sounds like your enjoying your time out there.
    I hope when the money starts coming in that there is a Falcon or a commodore planned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Will your suspension travel not be compromised now?
    Well I'm happy to report that I had virtually no issues. There was some slight rubbing on the drivers front corner when the wheel was turned sharp left, but that was easily resolved. Suspension travel was just grand too and didn't get stuck at all. Clearance is tight, but its there which is what matters :cool:

Full compression on front drivers side
    p939020617-3.jpg

p979537-3.jpg

Full extension on the rear
    p406219563-3.jpg

And the same rear corner compressed
    p821534490-3.jpg

And just for fun :D
    p371902078-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I also had another car spinning to my left and coming towards me

Is that the same Corolla that was at Japfest a few weeks back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Matt Simis wrote: »

Finally down to the run to Wellington which before you get to the harbour is flat like Holland. Then eventually you come up to the capital, with glittering night lights dotted all along the mountain side down to the sea.

Its all SH1 and its like a rollercoaster.

Boards.ie wellington meet ? :D

Rimutaka.jpg
    (rimutaka hill road)

Off topic.

Some pretty good stretches or tarmac alright. Really gets interesting over the winter ! Although, if things get out of hand, they shut the gate ! You need to have the POWER round these here parts.......

On topic :
    Nice leggy, was after the 3.0 a while back, none worth taking a look at when I was looking... Well wear with it......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement